PDA

View Full Version : Moab or Bengal???

coachjdub
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I Have been researching many bows in a price range of about $400. I've shot the Martin Bengal and have chosen this bow to be the best bow for my money.

What about the Moab though. Is there a big difference? If so what are they? Is the Moab worth the extra money over the Bengal?

Let me hear your thoughts.

b0w_bender
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
I think you are right on the money there. (so to speak)

Moab has a slightly longer draw length range and comes with the CSS and STS installed. Both of which can be added to the Bengal later if you wish. Presumably when you have more money to spend.

“Best Value Of The Year Award” is one of the line items under the web site bow description and I concur with you it's the one to buy.

Go Bengal and Welcome to the martin family!

coachjdub
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes you need that when you are making your first big bow purchase. :o

Any other comments out there. Please all Moab and Bengal bow hunters feel free to chime in.

notes
01-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Have an 08 MOAB. Very queit and shock free,smooth draw, great bow. It is not a speedster. I was looking for a bow that is all around ,hunt and target.Very forgiving.Before I decided on MOAB I shoot bowtec,bear, diamond,and hoyt. The MOAB fit all my needs without breaking the bank. Was able to spend alittle more on extras.

JT38off
01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes you need that when you are making your first big bow purchase. :o

Any other comments out there. Please all Moab and Bengal bow hunters feel free to chime in.

i was debating the same thing but it was between the bengal and the monster buck hunter by dicks sporting goods, then i heard the monster was a bengal renamed for dicks but already set up. i have nothing against big box store bows but i was sure i was gonna change the whole set up and spend more money on sights rest etc. and then i found an 09 moab on ebay brand new the dealer was asking 459.00 w/ free shipping and i got him down to 399.99 w/ free shipping, it was not a 2cd or refurbished, so i went w/ that because it has the ccs and sts which runs about 65.00 to 75.00 more and its one of their pro series bows. i think if you could find the same deal you would be happy. just food for thought!

coachjdub
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
All have been really helpful. Keep them coming. If you have any opinion please feel free to share them.

Some like the Bengal some the Moab, but what is the $50 - $75 between the two bows.

What are the differences I am paying for?

dbd870
01-27-2009, 02:27 AM
For 08 I thought the difference was pretty significant - the difference in weight alone was enough to push me to the MOAB. The 09's - the spec's are close enough there isn't much in it. There is the 1" shift in draw lengths that could be important if you are very long or short. Like Bow_bender said the MOAB has the CCS & STS. The CCS is not a big deal to me; I do like the STS though. For most it will come down to do you want to pay the difference for the CCS & STS? I haven't shot any of the 09's but I'm betting someone like me with a middle of the road 28" draw length won't shoot one any better than the other.

alex
01-27-2009, 02:39 AM
I can only say that i have a MOAB and it is a great bow.

Korak
01-27-2009, 05:29 AM
I have an 07 and liked so much that I bought an 08 ( thought I was getting an 09) I see no reason for me to buy something different.

The 07 is 61# and used for hunting. The 08 was ordered as a fifty pounder for targets. It is sweet.

coachjdub
01-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Good feedback.

Seems like a lot of Moab users.

What about you Bengal users, what is your take.

Also still need to get down to the truth, besides the CSS and STS what is the difference between the two bows? :confused: Besides those to accessories I am hearing there is not a big difference. Is that true.

Feel free to grace me with your knowledge. I am new to this and am soaking all up all this info like a sponge.

Thanks all who have responded and keep them coming.

b0w_bender
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Many of us on this site are zealots, me included. We're not likely to buy the non-pro series bow just because we want the prestigious value that says we're serious. "yes of course give me the pro-series model!" (Shhh even if there isn't a significant difference, wisper wisper).

coachjdub
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Many of us on this site are zealots, me included. We're not likely to buy the non-pro series bow just because we want the prestigious value that says we're serious. "yes of course give me the pro-series model!" (Shhh even if there isn't a significant difference, wisper wisper).

That is what I am trying to decide do I shop with my ego or my wallet in mind. I am leaning more toward my wallet since this is only my second year bow hunting.

Does any one have any good prices on a 09 Bengal/Camo/CCS/Sting Dampener and Stabalizor.

I found one at a shop this weekend for $420. Does that sound like a good deal.

What would be the good price for the same set up for the MOAB.

Lets compare good set up cost for both bows. Who has some numbers?

coachjdub
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
What are the best prices any of you have seen on the two bows.

Bengal with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Moab with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Looking for the Cheapest prices you have seen or heard of on either bow.

JT38off
01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
besides the ccs, sts, the ata is a little shorter on the bengal by 1/4 inch, the brace height is also different, 7 on the bengal and 7 3/8 on the moab, this difference is either in the riser which i know is different or the length of the limbs, but most likely the riser dips in more toward the string at rest, other than that i see no difference. maybe its an optical illusion but the limbs on the moab look slightly more parallel than on the bengal, but maybe its just my eyes.

bowgramp59
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
i have both a 2008 bengal and 2008 moab i like them both, but evertime i go hunting i grab the bengal just feels better to me in my popup blind. the moab is a little faster at the same draw wt. on the 2008 models the moab has the new limb pockets the bengal has not. i'm not convinced thats an improvement . i've had to replace the limbs on the moab , i've had 2 bengals never had any problems with either. the bengal is the best value for the money . you want go wrong with either bow. and martin has the best customer service . hope this helps!

bowgramp59
01-31-2009, 07:51 PM
i plan on buying a 2009 moab , i like the bengal also. if you buy a bengal and ad the css and sts from the martin online store ,you will have the same money in the bow as the moab so why not get the moab with the longer brace ht. and longer ata, and for some reason they are a little faster. you want go wrong with either bow

Korak
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
OOPS, I forgot to mention that my bows are Bengals.

Stinnett77
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
There are a few differences between the MOab and Bengal such as the Moab comes standard with the ugrade dampening system, and a little better strings, and of course the STS and CCs system.. My friends and I are fanitacal about hunting and shooting, and I shoot atleast 100 arrows a week through my 2008 Moab. The factory string is cheep, and will need to be replaced within 3 months if you shoot a lot. If not, it will last you a while. Once I added the STS ( not stock in 2008) This bow was extremely quiet. With a 29" draw and pulling 70 pounds, using the standard gold tip 5575 hunter exp arrows and 100 grain tips I am shooting a respectable 273 ft per sec. I use a 3 pin cobra site, and up tp 50 yards, this bow is lethal. I took three hogs with it this deer season, and like it more and more every day. My friends all shoot bow tech, diamond, and Mathews. The only one that even compares to the Martin is the Mathews. One friend shoots a new Mathews DXT, which he paid 1200 for rigged out. I spent 140 on a vital gear drop a way, 349 for the bow, and I forget on the sites. With 6 arrows out the door and a stabilizer I spent $700. Let me tell you, the only difference in the Moab and DXT is that the DXT is a little faster, and has no hand shock. The moab is quieter, much more forgiving, and has very little hand shock in it's own right. I am not bashing mathews, they make a good product, but for the differenc in price, I feel very confident that I got a much better value for the buck. The moab is actually faster than the mathews switchback which the same friend sold just for that reason. I know the bengal was the best value for 2008, and looks like a great bow, however the STS will cost you $30 after shipping, and is a must if you plan on hunting( quiet). The difference is night and day. So if you can get the CCS, and the sts, and stay within say $80 dollars on the price, go a head and get the new Moab, you won't be disapointed with either, Martin is kicking some tail, but I think in the long run you just can't beat the price and quality of the Moab with all the extras on it.

C Bailey
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Coach, one big difference between the Bengal (Gold series) and Moab (Pro series) is that the Bengal will be available from retailers that can afford to lower prices and sell large quantities. To me, on paper looking at MSRP the Moab is the better value if you like the cable system and the STS, but my guess is the discounts on the Bengal will be much stronger. Bowhunter superstore has the Bengal at $359. I don't know what the shipping would be, but that is a killer price. Check it out:

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/martin-2009-bengal-p-10308.html?osCsid=0a563ae809b63174385fc478fcec6a01

What are the best prices any of you have seen on the two bows.

Bengal with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Moab with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Looking for the Cheapest prices you have seen or heard of on either bow.

bowgramp59
02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
i have both 08 bengal and 08 moab both great bows. like somone said with the moab you get the sts and css. if you ad these to your bengal later from the online store you will have the same money in the bengal as the moab.both my bows are 45/60 i've got very bad artritus , can't pull the 60 # so i ordered a 09 moab in 50# peak wt. will sell the 08 moab later and keep the bengal for a backup. both bows are bargins compared to some other brands.

coachjdub
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Curtis,

After adding the hardware to the Bengal what is the price difference between the two bows?

Thanks for your help!

jbowers12
04-08-2009, 09:18 AM
i have an 09 bengal. It shoots great.:D

bowbengal
04-08-2009, 01:10 PM
i have the bengal...and its a sweeeet bow let me tell you...and like u this is my second season as well so i upgraded from an old pse nova...and let me tell you its like night and day!! i found mine at cabelas bargain cave had a coupon that was on their website and they had a free shipping promo going on...got my bengal shipped for 329.00!!...no way u can beat that bow for that price!!!...." best bang for your buck" a few years in a row now for a reason!

coachjdub
04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks guys,

I just want to let you know I went with the Moab. I got a killer deal on an 09 for 420 flat, that is tax and shipping. So for the extra 20 dollars I would have paid for a Bengal I upgraded to the MOAB. Thanks to all of you who helped me in my decission. This is my first bow. I will let you know how it shoots when I get it in. It has been almost 4 weeks :confused:, but I gues I will have to be a little more patient. Thanks again

Coach

bfisher
04-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, let us know when you get it and how it shoots. If you need any more help we're always around somewhere.