PDA

View Full Version : Mystic 08 - type of rest?

sipac
01-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Hi, I am only 1 year in compound shooting and I shoot with Fireact which is great bow and my doughter shoot with Moab - which is also great. So I decide to stay with Martin, but since my doughter shoot beside 3D, a lot of Fita and target I decide to buy her less reflex bow for target - I choose Mystic (she has short draw 25") - I am waiting to get it but have a question - anybody know which rest is the best for this bow to avoid the vane contact? Did any drop-away is good for this bow since there is no cable guard on it? Which other rests you suggest? Any comment on Pro Tuner rest?

Montalaar
01-27-2009, 02:36 AM
If she is shooting FITA only with this bow i would recommend a rest with a spring steel.

You might have a look at Trophy Taker, NAP or SpotHogg. Depending on the money you ware willing to spend you will get a rest which is fully micro tuneable. Just be sure to get the right spring steel for the arrow weight.

bfisher
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Many people, myuself included, shoot a lizard tongue style for target work. Pro Tuner and Trophy Taker Spring Steel come to mind.

One reason for this type is that they are reliable. Once you set them up and get things tuned there is little chance of anything moving. With most drop aways, if a cord attaches to the cable then if the rigging stretches the timing of the rest can change slightly. Depends on how anal you are about it.

Lets just say there's lass to go wrong with the other two I mentioned.

sipac
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks, guys, I am glad to get right answers to my question.
I think I may have some more question when I get the bow and my doughter make first shoots. Thanks for now. I think I will go to Pro Tuner rest and take spare blades to use the right one for arrows diameter she will use.
Thanks again.

bfisher
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
You're welcome. Come back whenever you need.