PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer?

Coop
01-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Can anyone give me an idea what stabilizer should I be looking at??
My bow is a 2009 Spector 4, large furious dual cams(not X cams),32 inch draw, will be for hunting only... Theirs wayyy to many kinds out there...let me know if you need anymore info....

Thanks,
Coop

flytier17
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Hunting only;, my choice would be a doinker carbon elite 11.5". Any shorter and it will not be truly stabilizing the bow. Go longer if you don't mind sacrificing a bit of maneuverability, but you already have a 43" bow that you have to live with. The longer it is, the more it will stabilize. Also, it will require less weight at the tip to do so properly.

I like the doinkers especially because of the supressor on the elite ones. It takes away a tremendous amount of buzz and jump. It makes a world of difference over the other stabilizers i've tried.

Alec

b0w_bender
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Keep it under 12 inches in case you go to a competition. That's the standard length for the bowhunter divisions.
I like the Sims S Coil I think they really suck up the vibration, mine is stuck on a ½” piece of aluminum rod to get it out to the 12” area. Personally I think there is a significant amount of placebo effect in a stabilizer, I went the cheap route but if you think you’ll shoot better with the more expensive model by all means buy one. Hey at least your buddies won’t be giving you a hard time about being cheap!