PDA

View Full Version : 2009 bengal?

bhuntinpa
02-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I have been considering the purchase of a new bengal. does anybody know if the new cam will have this bow shooting closer to the advertised IBO speeds? I have already shot the 09 bengal and it was great but I did not have the opportunity to shoot through a chrono. I would prefer the firecat but I'm having a hard time justifying the extra money if there are minimal speed differences. The wife has decided to take up archery this year and has already shot and decided on the cheetah, I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to make this a Martin family. thanks for any input!

bhuntinpa
02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
someone must have some advice or input - thanks

JT38off
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
the aggressive hybrid cat cams on the firecat is gonna be faster than the m2pro cams. this from what i understand is not the only, but the biggest difference in the two. if you are looking for speeeeed id go w/ the firecat.

09 MOAB

dbd870
02-03-2009, 06:56 AM
If you're a serious 3D shooter I can see where some extra speed can make a little difference. If you're an average whitetail hunter who is likely to be running across the ~25yd shot if you're getting 275 or 300 out of your hunting rig isn't going to matter much. Make a good shot & that 25fps is going to change how far in the dirt your arrow goes a little and that's about it.

bfisher
02-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I have been considering the purchase of a new bengal. does anybody know if the new cam will have this bow shooting closer to the advertised IBO speeds? I have already shot the 09 bengal and it was great but I did not have the opportunity to shoot through a chrono. I would prefer the firecat but I'm having a hard time justifying the extra money if there are minimal speed differences. The wife has decided to take up archery this year and has already shot and decided on the cheetah, I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to make this a Martin family. thanks for any input!

Have you been to LAS to try them out? I'm right up the road near Middletown.

Answering your question, the new cam will get you about 5 fps faster. That is all. I just got a new Moab with the M2Pro and haven't had a chance to chrono it yet to compare it to my FireCat. Sorry.

If you have shot a new Bengal then all you have to decide is whether you like the bow or not---for the price. If it's going to be abow for hunting and an occasional 3D shoot then I wouldn't think speed is an issue. Afterall, most hunting shots are less than 30 yards and you'll see very little difference in trajectory at 30 yards or less with even a 30 fps difference in speed.

Personally, I like the draw cycle on the FireCat better than the Moab. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's because I don't try to pull my shoulders out of joint. I'm only shooting 45#, which is a struggle for me right now.

bhuntinpa
02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I did go to LAS to shoot an ELITE and a DIAMOND, they did not have any MARTIN'S on the floor. I had to go to kinsey's to shoot the bengal who has since told me they are not stocking the pro series bows - so much for going there to shoot one. Thanks again and I'll keep looking for input before I make my decision.