PDA

View Full Version : Modules and letoff

hotrod26
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Can the letoff be changed from 80 to 65 on the Mpro cam by changing the modules or do you have to change cam. If it is by module how do you tell the difference in modules?

bfisher
02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
You don't have to change the cam. What you have to do is move the draw stop so the cam doesn't roll completely into the valley. This is, however, going to shorten the draw length, so you may have to reach a compromise by also changing to a longer draw module. And with this you can play around with twisting the string and/or cable to tweak things. Just depends on how much playing you're willing to do. Just be methodical.

Hope this helps.

hotrod26
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I have a 07 Pantera that doesn't have the draw stop. So what would I have to do to change the letoff?

bfisher
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I have a 07 Pantera that doesn't have the draw stop. So what would I have to do to change the letoff?

To be honest I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I recall reading a thread on AT where it was suggested that Martin made 65% "F" modules. Like what you have are marked F5 or F7 the 65% mods are marked like F5/ or something like that.

If we don't get any other help on this then you might make a call to Joel at customer service and ask him. Truthfully this would be a better option than using a draw stop because it would allow the full use of the cam rather than using a draw stop.

So just don't quote me on the module thing. I have a parts list right here with me and I don't see anything listing 65% "F" modules, but it can't hurt to ask.