PDA

View Full Version : X module upgrade

Zey
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Anyone know the part number or what you do to order the mods to switch over to the X-system? I see the string set, that's all fine.

SandSquid
02-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Anyone know the part number or what you do to order the mods to switch over to the X-system? I see the string set, that's all fine.

Furious or Nitrous?

bfisher
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Furious or Nitrous?

Good point. I have a parts catalog and cams and modules are no longer available for the Nitrous cams. At least not from the factory,

Zey
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Furious. It's a brand new Scepter.

bfisher
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I assume you have the bow, right. Then you already have ahlf the combination. Furious X mods are part # 3072. You will also need to specify whether small, medium or large. And it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to ask if the longer screws come with the modules.

SandSquid
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
I assume you have the bow, right. Then you already have ahlf the combination. Furious X mods are part # 3072. You will also need to specify whether small, medium or large. And it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to ask if the longer screws come with the modules.

The Medium was removed by The Department of Redundancy Department.

Per my conversation 2 weeks ago w/ Joel, Martin no longer manufactures, or stocks the "Medium" modules because the "Small" and the "Large" cover the entire range.
(Both my sets of cracked X-Mods were Mediums. The new Small and Large ones did look "beefier" in the area of failure on my old ones!)

So if you have the Medium, your only hope is to find on the used market, or get the full set of Small or Large....

Zey
02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I have the Medium cams... I'm assuming they're medium from the capital "M" on each grey cam wheel. My draw length has the screw in the 1.5 hole. I guess I'll have to get the small cam set.

I don't really mind having to purchase a new set of cams/strings, it almost seems better in my mind to have a dedicated set.

What's this about broken cams? Is there a particular area I should keep an eye on for wear/damage?

SandSquid
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
What's this about broken cams? Is there a particular area I should keep an eye on for wear/damage?

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?t=4031

it's the X modules not the cams themselves....
And from seeing the "new" ones I got last week I think It's probably all sorted out...

Zey
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Yep I just looked at my dual cam system and it's not going to fatigue like yours did. Totally different bolt/threading design but arrives at the same end.

Thanks for the info SS. I'll order the Furious-X small cams when I want to switch over.