PDA

View Full Version : "upgraded" to Nitrous-X, fighting w/ ripCord

SandSquid
02-09-2009, 10:39 AM
This past weekend we "upgraded" my wife's 2006 Martin ShadowCat/Elite/Nitrous to Nitrous-X and installed a custom (color) string set. Being restricted my a shoulder/elbow immobilizer and being "medicated", I coached her through the process and she did all the actual work, and did a darned fine job.

The issue we had was in setting up her RipCord arrow rest.
We found that with the X System there is no where near the same amount of downward and rearward travel of the control cable as there was with the cable guide-rod set-up.
If we got the rest to work properly, it put so much extra tension on that cable it pulled the cam out of timing. We fiddled with it for over an hour with no joy. When they opened up at noon, we brought it to the local Pro Shop and our trusted mechanic fiddled with it for at least an hour. He battled the same thing that was plaguing us. Eventually we just had to call it "close enough" and get Mrs. Squid shooting.

But it's still not 100% and she's complaining that the wall feels "soft and spongy" as compared to the guide rod arrangement.
She's going to give it a week but is currently strongly leaning towards going back to a non-X system.

I had the same "A-Base" Nitrous-X cams and RipCord rest on my P3 with no issues. I also have Furious-X (small cam/small mod) on different 2006 ShadowCat/Elite, and a Scepter4/Elite/Furious-X (small cam /medium mod) also, with no issues at all.

Quite frustrating, indeed.

sl4yer06
02-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I had the same problem with pulling it out of time. Took me a while but I finally figured out the dropaway was the problem. I put on a bowdoodle just to get rid of the problem.. should be interesting.

SandSquid
02-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I had the same problem with pulling it out of time. Took me a while but I finally figured out the dropaway was the problem. I put on a bowdoodle just to get rid of the problem.. should be interesting.

Not really an option, as she loves the RipCords, and would rather "go back" to standard config than change rests. :o at least new string sets would be cheaper.....

Still, I find it odd that this didn't happen before we went to the X system and is not happening on other X configurations.:confused:

Elk4me
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey Squid when I had a ripcord on my Slayer X I tied a Bridge like this!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/NosXBridge-1-3.jpg

Hope this helps!:cool: