PDA

View Full Version : What lube do you use?

Unregistered
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Want to lube my cams...Should I use spray or powder of some type? And also what brand?
Reason I ask... I hear a noise coming from my new S4..maybe this will help????
Thanks,
Mick

bfisher
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
What bow do you have and what cam system. Mine all have bearing (not bushings) and I haven't lubed a bearing in all the years I've been shooting them. I believe that to be about 9 years I've had bows with bearings in the cams. Most bearings are factory lubed and sealed anyway.

Coop
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Scepter 4 Elite, dual furious cams. Hope their the bearing type.....?

bfisher
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Scepterman30 should be able to help you more with this one. That's about all he shoots. I have no experience with the Furious cams myself.

scepterman30x
02-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Scepter 4 Elite, dual furious cams. Hope their the bearing type.....?
The Furious cam is a good shooting cam...however I favor the NOS cams and that is what I shoot. I do have experience with most of the Martin cams. I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the Furious cam has a brass bushing not a sealed bearing. That is not to say it is inferior, my favorite cam for forgivness an inherent accurracy is the Z-cam and it does not even have a brass bushing. Anyway to get to the point, some don't lube their bushings at all but I don't like the friction that could be happening with them not being lubed. I personaly like to use a white lithium grease or any high preasure lithium based type grease.

SandSquid
02-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm a fan of GunSlick brand Anhydrous Graphite for anyting that only needs a light film of coating, such as between the anchors and washers, limb through-holes and etc. bits of axle assemblies. Also for any threaded connections that don't get loctite.

http://www.gunslick.com/products/chemicals/lubricants_oils.aspx

For heavier applications such as the mating divots in limb pockets for the limb buttons and the bearings or bushings in cams, I use any White Lithium Grease.

bfisher
02-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Good info. Now I, too, know what type of bearing is in the Furious cam. Thanks.

I have some lube in my box called Tetra-Lube. It's a Teflon based lube and always worked well, but smells to high Heaven. Definitely not for a hunting setup. I should probably throw it away. It's gotta be at least 20 years old.

Coop
02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
guys for all the info....
Coop