PDA

View Full Version : 2007 martin cheetah bent Idler wheel for sale make offer !!!

wpranch
02-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Folks , bought a martin cheetah , pulled to check peep , let down ,noticed yellow mark on the idler, pulled a second time to check draw stop , string rotated off idler , checked idler ,BENT , know anybody that sells one? Nice bow if I could shoot it.
Sorry ment to say make offer on bent idler.

razorjack
02-23-2009, 08:27 PM
If you bought it new warranty should cover it,if used try your local martin dealer....

Elk4me
02-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Folks , bought a martin cheetah , pulled to check peep , let down ,noticed yellow mark on the idler, pulled a second time to check draw stop , string rotated off idler , checked idler ,BENT , know anybody that sells one? Nice bow if I could shoot it.
Sorry ment to say make offer on bent idler.You local dealer should be able to get one under warrenty. If this will take a long time PM me your address I will let you use one I have untill you can get one from the Dealer!:cool:
All you will have to do is return it when your done!:D Just shoot me a Pm if you need it!

bfisher
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
You sure it's the idler that's bent? Maybe it's the axle, or just excessive cam lean. You almost have to run over it with a truck to actually bend one.

wpranch
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
yeah , I used the scientific method of pinching the limb with thumb and forefinger with thumbnail near wheel 1/16th inch variance around wheel so I took it in to my shop (i'm a millwright) set it up in a jig and strieghtend it to within .0004 and it seems too run pretty true . I think I can shoot this untill I get a new one

wpranch
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Shot it tonight , shoots fast, string stayed on wheel, but has anyone noticed that with that short of bowthere is a lot of string deflexion from the cable slide to the wheels , and with the string angle at anchor I can't hardly see thruogh the peep any suggestions .

bfisher
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Shot it tonight , shoots fast, string stayed on wheel, but has anyone noticed that with that short of bowthere is a lot of string deflexion from the cable slide to the wheels , and with the string angle at anchor I can't hardly see through the peep any suggestions .

You must have a long draw for the peep angle to be off. Be that as it may there's a couple things you can (You're a millwright). Just drill it out at a different, more acute angle. The other is to check Specialty Archery and look at their Ball peeps. They make one with a 37 degree angle that should work---most are 45 degrees. You can order one from Lancaster Archery for about $15. OR, there's a third option. Do a search for "Predator Peep". See if you'd like these. If interested you can talk to Mike Meyers at Kinsey's Outdoors. His brother makes them.

You are right about the string/cable angle from the slide to the cam/wheel. Too much side torque to my liking. Just one other reason I like longer ATA bows. Usually in the 37" range.