PDA

View Full Version : Joey Behr's StringSight?

alex
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
What do you guys think about Joey Behr's StringSight? I like the homemade gadgets and don't like the peep sights very much, so this may be a good option, but am not sure about it :rolleyes:

Desmond
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
For what I see, definitely it has to do with the different anchor positions (check the video) per distances he shoot. He might be using only one pin for the 20yrd shot, but if you look closely to the bow's string on where there should be a peep sight, there's three extra "notches" on the string. :rolleyes: You can do the same using regular string nocks on the string as per distance you want to shoot same you would do with every pin on a multiple pin sight. But of course, you'll be adding weight to the string. :( It's still a good idea. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4yOvmm42dU

hunt123
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm curious. Where could I find one and read more about it? The video didn't show anything except him shooting.

brushrat
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
he has a websight. If you go to www.stringsight.com , there is additional information there.

alex
02-28-2009, 05:53 AM
The principle is clear for me, but Desmond, you are right about the added weight. :( Still i guess i'll try this, because i'm tired of my peep with a tube, which makes an annoying sound, like someone's face is slapped :D I can also put on my MOAB a red dot sight, but it is tuned for mine other bow and don't want to move it.

hunt123
02-28-2009, 06:18 AM
The principle is clear for me, but Desmond, you are right about the added weight. :( Still i guess i'll try this, because i'm tired of my peep with a tube, which makes an annoying sound, like someone's face is slapped :D
Give us a review if you do try it. I went to his site and it looks like a person could just tie a bit of serving in different places. The trick would be figuring out where to tie it.

alex
02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
hunt123, i guess this could be done with many repeating attempts. Unfortunately my backyard is only about 20 yards long and i won't be able to try this soon (we still have snow here), but as soon as i do it i'll wright.

Desmond
02-28-2009, 11:21 AM
. :( Still i guess i'll try this, because i'm tired of my peep with a tube, which makes an annoying sound, like someone's face is slapped :D

I know what ya' mean. That's why I got rid of mine. :cool:

alex
02-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll also get rid of mine, but there comes the problem with the string rotation and i'll have to get rid of the factory strings and at the end i'll be broken :( ;) :D

hunt123
03-01-2009, 08:32 AM
So eliminating string rotation is what the tube is for? I always wondered about that. I saw a website the other day that does custom strings that don't rotate but I think they were about $80 or so. After the weather warms up and I start shooting, if rotation becomes a problem, I may have to get some even though they're pricey. Or maybe get a "No-Peep". I'm sure not going to put one of those tubes on. I just have the Martin strings that came on my Bengal.

alex
03-01-2009, 08:40 AM
There are cheaper strings of superior quality-one of the guys here-flytier is addicted to PROSTRINGS, which are about 65$.When the time comes i'll buy from them, but till they come to Bulgaria, i expect that they will be 100$ :( :mad: :D
When it become warmer here i plan to put my red dot sight on my MOAB and get rid of the peep :cool: