PDA

View Full Version : String wear

Unregistered
03-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I bought a Martin moab last October. I have shot it maybe 150 times since then. I was at a bow shoot and noticed that my cable strings are comming apart. My question is to see if this is normal? Did I do something wrong? Does anyone else have any problems like this?

Thanks

bowgramp59
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
if you have only shot 150 times you shouldn't have any wear at all . i've shot hundred s of times maybe thousands without any significant wear. you could have a burr on your draw length mod. or something like that. it happened to me , we changed the mod. and reserved the string that fix that problem. let your dealer take a look at the bow. good luck

flytier17
03-03-2009, 06:42 AM
Where is it desintegrating? Cam serving, peep sight, cable rode, center serve? Factory strings or custom aftermarket strings? Have you checked cam/idler lean? Do you wax your strings?

I always reccomend aftermarket custom strings for a bow. The added stability and performance makes the upgrade well worthwhile. Unless you luck out with a really good factory set, an upgrade is always in order. There are a lot of good string maker out there. Don't go for a big name like Winner's choice, as you will pay more for the name than the string is worth. Zebra strings are notoriously terrible; don't get them. Go to a smaller company. The one-on-one customer service is nice, and the attention to detail a string maker can impart to a string that is not massproduced is much better. I personally prefer ProStrings. They are about as good a string as you can find anywhere, and better than most. You won't pay through the nose either. I've also heard good things about Bucknasty; though I have never used them myself. One or two people here like them a lot too.

Alec