PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Scepterman

wisecane
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I need a bow recommendation for my dad. He is about 6' or 6'1" and has a measured draw length of 28" on the nose. He wants a bow he can handle like say in the 50 to 60 pound range. He will be hunting exclusively out of a box type shooting stand. Speed is not paramont, he would be more into ease of draw/hold and forgiveness. Also he is looking for a more value type (Gold series or used bow). I have found several used Martins on Ebay and also some packages on new bows. This wouldn't be a situation where he would ever want to go up in draw weight.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

bfisher
03-04-2009, 10:18 AM
He's probably at work, but a little more informtion would help. For one, is he planning on shooting fingers or release?

alex
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Why only for Scepterman? The others may be offended. :D ;) I'm not him, but will say Bengal or Cheetah.

wisecane
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh it will be release. I have met scepterman, I just posted it here so as not to bug him at work! :) Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

SandSquid
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I got a Cheetah for my wife, and a Leopard for my youngest daughter and found them both to be very nice shooting bows with plenty of "punch" for it's diminutive size and relative draw weight.

wisecane
03-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the input Squidman. Anyone else with any ideas....let em fly!

Jake-the-snake
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Saber would be the cheapest, and probably shoots like the rest, almost the same specs as well...

badger561
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
09 moab set at 60 pounds perfect for your dad.

flytier17
03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
A saber would make a good bow to start out with. However, if you want a real shooter that will last him even when his shooting/tuning abilities pick up, go for the MOAB. I'd personally reccomend the Firecat because of the aded tunability of a Hybrid Binary system, not the extra speed. However, if your dad doesn't want a harsh draw, the MOAB will be a better choice.

Have him shoot it and see if he likes it. That is of paramount importance in getting a new bow.