PDA

View Full Version : Question about cable and shooting string...

Jake-the-snake
03-13-2009, 10:21 PM
ok im just wondering, ive noticed bows that have the shooting string and cable cross above the cable guard, ive also noticed them crossing below the cable guard... my quesiton, what is the correct position of the cable slide and which slots do the cable and shooting string go into???....any info, or pics would help...:D

brushrat
03-14-2009, 01:25 PM
ok im just wondering, ive noticed bows that have the shooting string and cable cross above the cable guard, ive also noticed them crossing below the cable guard... my quesiton, what is the correct position of the cable slide and which slots do the cable and shooting string go into???....any info, or pics would help...:D

hi...my 08 bengal crosses below the cable guide . The shooting string goes in the short groove and above that is the cable which goes in the longest groove. Thats the way mine is ....don't know if other years/models require something different or not?

Jake-the-snake
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Which way should the cable slide face?, with the larger slot towards the bow or away from the bow??

Montalaar
03-16-2009, 02:21 PM
That depends on the bow, limb and cam. The right position is the one where the cables are seperated and have as less contact as possible.

brushrat
03-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Which way should the cable slide face?, with the larger slot towards the bow or away from the bow??

the larger slot is the one furthest from the riser and supports the cable.:)

Jake-the-snake
03-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Alright thanks guys;)