PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Changing a draw Length

coachjdub
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I am going to be purchasing my first bow, a new Martin MOAB!!!

I am ordering it from a bow store in Idaho and I am in Wisconsin. If it comes in and I need to change the draw length is it something I can do myself or do I need to take it to a bow store.

Also I am a newbie to bow hunting and this is my first bow. Reading some of the forums I am not sure what the differnent mods mean when changing draw length. Can someone explain. Thanks for all you help and advice to this newbie.

Coach

bfisher
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
It's a simple module change. Two countersunk set screws need removed and just chnage the mod and replace the screws. Sometimes one screw might be hiding behind the limb fork. If so then all you need to so is squeeze the cable to rotate the cam a bit and you can usually get at it.

Here's a little hint. Martin ships all it's bows with a complete set of severn modules so when you order the bow be sure and mention this. Most shops use one for the draw you order and keep the rest. Afterall, they can sell them at $10 each. IMO, they come with the bow. You are paying for them and they should be shipped with your bow and not cost extra.

Your mods will be marked F1-F7. The number correlates to a certain draw length. F1 for a 26" draw up to the F7, which is 30", I believe. You can find further technical info on this at Martin's website under Tech Info.

Then if you need further assistance just get your butt back here and we'll see what we can do. That's what we're here for. And we are not factory. Just Martin archers helping archers.

JT38off
03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
congrats on your new MOAB they really rock, you'll love it!!!

scully81152
09-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I am a new martin bow owner also and want to change the draw lenght. Can I just remove the module without a bow press.

scully81152
09-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm that new martin owner and forgot to mention I puchased a 09 cheetah

davydtune
09-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I am a new martin bow owner also and want to change the draw lenght. Can I just remove the module without a bow press.

Yes. At worst you may have to crank the bow down to relax it a bit to get at the screws.

scully81152
09-18-2009, 12:04 PM
thanks. I backed off on the limbs and changed the module even though I don't think I needed to back them off. Thanks again