PDA

View Full Version : New Scepter 3?

tuggersclan
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
There is a rumor floating around that Martin is gonna bring back the Scepter line of there bows. personally I think that would be a awesome thing. I own a scepter 3 and absoutly love the bow. If there is any possiblity of this happening, I better start saveing my Allowance.;)

Holo
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I hope so....
It's one of the best bows Martin made.

Add some Mag. limbs, it's the best bow Martin didn't make!!!

Martin needs to stop shorting the brace height on their line of bows!!!

Make a bow with an 7.75 to 8" brace height, 17 degree grip, 36-37 ATA, and shoots in the 320 FPS. IBO range.....(not a custom shop bow).

OHHH, and design some pivoting limb pockets....

PLASTIC PAUL
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Make a bow with an 7.75 to 8" brace height, 17 degree grip, 36-37 ATA, and shoots in the 320 FPS. IBO range.....(not a custom shop bow).

OHHH, and design some pivoting limb pockets....

As a Martin Staff Shooter, my comment on the Scepter IIII, is........Uh, no comment.

As for what you are looking for in a bow, that is a pretty tall order. Actually it wouldn't be that hard because you failed to mention smooth. LOL

If your draw is under 28" the ultimate target bow already exists. THE P-3 is an incredible bow, 38.5" , 7.5" and 305 with A cams and Elite limbs. I honestly feel it out shoots the Scepter III's i was shooting. Let me explain, My draw is 27" and at that draw length the P-3 gives me a more consistant anchor due to a better string angle. Now, I have a good friend who is also a staff shooter anf for hin the SIII's are perfect, his draw is something like 30".
Take a look at the groups some of us are shooting with our Phantoms. If I shoot more that 3 arrows in an end at 50yds or less i am blowing up at least one G-nock per end.
Don't get me wrong the SIII's were wonderful bows but don't underestimate the new line-up. There are soem incredible bows in there.

Oh about the pivoting limb thing. As a competetive shooter i want as few moving/pivoting parts as posisble. I don't even have a cable guard, LOL !!

hans
05-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh about the pivoting limb thing. As a competetive shooter i want as few moving/pivoting parts as posisble. I don't even have a cable guard, LOL !!

I agree with that, pivoting limbpockets needs an axle and busshing witch are subjects for play.