PDA

View Full Version : Any moderators out there???

Desmond
03-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Sorry I have to ask this as not been about archery or MARTIN bows, but I'm asking if there's any moderators in this forum. I checked the three that are assigned here. If you check their activities under statistics in their profile, two haven't been active since a few years now and other since last year?? :confused: Even the administrator Miked.
I'm asking this because of spammers posting stuff here that has nothing to do with MARTIN ARCHERY nor it's products and needed to be reported. Once a spammer is left to post their crap more will come. I wouldn't like to see this forum to be "infected" !
Just a humble suggestion.:)

pragmatic_lee
03-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Sorry I have to ask this as not been about archery or MARTIN bows, but I'm asking if there's any moderators in this forum. I checked the three that are assigned here. If you check their activities under statistics in their profile, two haven't been active since a few years now and other since last year?? :confused: Even the administrator Miked.
I'm asking this because of spammers posting stuff here that has nothing to do with MARTIN ARCHERY nor it's products and needed to be reported. Once a spammer is left to post their crap more will come. I wouldn't like to see this forum to be "infected" !
Just a humble suggestion.:)

Just report the thread as SPAM and I'm sure it will get taken care of.

amstaff1
03-20-2009, 07:08 AM
I reported this morning at about 0600 Just waiting for everyone to crawl out of bed ;)

bfisher
03-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Which moderators are you asking or commenting about. I'm one and I'm on here several times a day, as are Alec (Flytier17) and Matt (Elk4Me). As far as I know we are the three.

As for reporting spam, I just did so yesterday. I think it was two threads. Usually admin busts these guys pretty quick and/or just plain bans them, depending on the infraction.

Desmond, you can report stuff yourself, too. In the top right hand corner of a post-box there is a red and white triangle. If you come across something offensive or anything that should not be on here you just click on the triangle and a window will come up to report it.

tele
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I jump in here now and then, but usually I'm busy with other projects. I will try to come in more often and check on things.. Thanks for the concern
________
K1200R (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_K1200R)

flytier17
03-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I try to be here every day. I've infracted one spammer, but thats it. There was actually a lot more a year ago. At least 4-6 sppammers a week. Usually in the feedback section. They sure cleaned up for 09 though. I think the tags that get picked up by the spammers search engines were removed, so the only way to spam is to find the forum munually, not through random Virus searches.

Alec

Desmond
03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks bfisher and Flytier17!!
And sorry if in any ways there was confusion on what I was trying to say and I also was confuse since at the bottom of the main page of the Tech forum is listed three different mods ( Martin Lotz, Josh B and Pug) which where the one I was referring to.

I was in fact looking got a "report to mod" button and didn't realize or never came up in my mind to click on the red triangle. Is good to know you're on top of things here. You guys are always very informative and give a sense of security & brotherhood in this site. I thank you all for that! :)

Elk4me
03-21-2009, 02:06 AM
I am So Sorry I haven't been here in the past few days . But YES I am this Forum's Moderatior! I have been dealing with my own Life Problems, Unemployment and , Tooth Decay, I just got all my Teeth yanked out in the past 2 months, but I am feeling better now and If you have a Problem or Concern Please contact me , I will give you my Home Phone Number and we can Chat. I have a few Contacts at Martin and could posibily help you out!

bfisher
03-21-2009, 08:22 AM
Matt,

You're starting to fall apart. Getting old or what? Guess you won't be eeating any Elk steaks for a while. Sorry to hear that.

Don't you fret too much about this place. Alec and I will try to hold down the fort. You just get your problems straightened away and get healthy.

Kurt, Nice to see you clocking in. The spam here isn't too bad lately. One or two once in a while. I banned a couple in the last week, but for the most part it's a pretty clean site.

Desmond, no apologies necessary, bud. At least we know your concerned and that's appreciated. We here are a pretty good group, including you, and keeping it that way is just part of the joy of being here. I don't think there is a person on here with too many bad bones in their bodies. We don't take too much to heart so speak your mind most of the time. Let your personality show through.

Desmond
03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks "fish"!! :cool: