PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion Logo has to go

KSBOWHUNTER42
03-13-2006, 01:32 AM
I was wondering, why does Martin have a logo with a mountain lion? One would think that a lot more people bowhunt whitetails than mountain lions. Or is it a regional thing? In the area that I live, there are no cougars, and the land is shrinking as I type....it'll be all bowhunting soon.

Montey Jessey
03-13-2006, 05:02 PM
They could use a squirrel for all I care as long as they keep making top quality bows! :cool:

razorjack
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
i second that also,as long as they make killer bows ,who cares what the logo is,,,,,,,,,,,,martin girl.................................;)

Robert58
03-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Martin has had a Cougar in one configuration or another in their lineup for ever. A bow named after a cat of some kind or another. What better Logo could there be.

Robert
Cougar Shooter :D

Bubba101st
03-14-2006, 08:12 PM
i second that also,as long as they make killer bows ,who cares what the logo is,,,,,,,,,,,,martin girl.................................;)

YEP!!!! How cares what the logo is? Again as long as they make The quality bows that they are known for.....I'll shoot them, PERIOD.

whitetail
03-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Alot of there stuff is names after cats so i say the name fits:)

nwpa3dshooter
03-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Who cares what the logo is.......it is a great looking one IMO.

joelc
04-11-2006, 06:23 PM
We did have a whitetail logo......for several decades. There is a growing number of Cougar in this area, my mom and dad just saw one last week on their way to Seattle, it was outside of Ellensburg just off of the highway 'obviously stalking prey' they said.

KSBOWHUNTER42
04-12-2006, 01:27 AM
I agree that the logo has to go! I tried unsuccessfully to obtain a logo with the whitetail....so, now that I 'advertise' for MARTIN on my back window...most people think I'm advertising for Mark Martin in NASCAR, 'cause I removed the cougar. I can't imagine why the #1 hunted big game animal isn't depicted in the logo. Why would a company with such a great product, not advertise the product with something more eyecatching than a mountain lion. The majority of the bowhunters are hunting whitetails and their hooved relatives...to me, it doesn't make $$ sense why a company wouldn't put the #1 big game animal on their product.

KSBOWHUNTER42
04-12-2006, 01:30 AM
We did have a whitetail logo......for several decades. There is a growing number of Cougar in this area, my mom and dad just saw one last week on their way to Seattle, it was outside of Ellensburg just off of the highway 'obviously stalking prey' they said. I saw 15 whitetails on my way to the lake this morning......doesn't that say something?

dgmeadows
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I think the point is that the bowhunter is a predator, like the mountain lion or Cougar, or Bengal (tiger), or Jaguar, or Tiger, or Bobcat, or Lynx, or Cheetah, or Tigress, or a Pride (of lions) -- all of which have been Martin bow models at one time or another. Why use the target species as the focal point of your advertising, when the idea is to equip your customer to be the predator ? Besides, Browning already has a very recognizable logo featuring a deer head.

I personally like the inset medallion in both my Fury and Rage risers, that has a Bengal Tiger (it was also in the riser of my Bengal, which I unfortunately don't have anymore.) My Bengal and Fury also came with grips that had the Whitetail logo that JoelC posted, so Martin has been using that whitetail logo along with the cat-predator motifs for quite some time.

One of the things that originally attracted me to Martin bows were the engraved wood inlays that they had on the inside of the sight windows back in the early and mid 1990's, most of which featured some kind of cat-predator image. They really made the Martin bows distinctive.

So, really, the cat-predator image has been a positive part of Martin's ad image for quite a long time, from my consumer's point of view.

Just my $0.02

Darren

joelc
04-12-2006, 03:16 PM
maybe it's just me but I don't understand why our logo seems to offend, if you look at our compound history you will notice that we have been naming our bows after cats for quite some time (decades) the new logo makes sense to me.??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????
I just don't get it.

joelc
04-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks Darren, this thread is just weird.

dgmeadows
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Ocelot, and Black Panther, and ShadowCat, and FireCat (did I miss any ? was there ever a Leopard model ?)......

I'd much rather be the predator than the prey ! I'd say, bring more of the cat names back into the line-up.... :D

Darren

Montey Jessey
04-12-2006, 05:06 PM
ksbowhunter, I don't think the Cougar is supposed to represent the primary animal that is taken with Martin Bows. If that was the case, every bow company would have a whitetail buck as their logo. The Cougar, the animal is native to the Walla Walla area and the Cougar symbolizes the characteristics of Martin Bows which is a quiet, fast, sleek, top of the food chain, killing machine....like the Cougar, the animal. :cool:

Now if Martin's Logo was a donkey or a largemouth bass, I would see why that would pi** you off. :(

p.s. I am available as a marketing advisor. :cool:

PLASTIC PAUL
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
I went and got a tatoo of the cougar on my leg so please don't change it...:cool:

Jack NZ
05-06-2006, 06:10 AM
The Cougar is an apex predator.

Deer are the prey.

Montey Jessey
05-11-2006, 05:37 PM
I went and got a tatoo of the cougar on my leg so please don't change it...:cool:

Now that is devotion. Well done Paul!

newarcher
05-19-2006, 03:04 AM
I think with the name of their bows the logo is quite appropriate. Anyway when you make the most accurate bows in the world you want your logo to be a deadly predator.

Montey Jessey
05-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I shoot the C4 Cougar. The logo is more than appropriate, trust me.:cool:

oceanjewel
09-10-2006, 12:21 AM
Cougars hunt deer. Bowhunters hunt deer.

Bubba101st
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Leave it like it is. If it aint broke, dont fix it. The Cats are more that fitting for this company.

If you want a deer as the logo of your bow buy a Browning.

bdhasson
09-12-2006, 01:05 AM
I love it had a local shop do up a camo vinyl sticker. looks awsome on my green Trailblazer. If anything needs changed I would say the hats. A plastic adjusting strap, havent had one of those in 15 years...LOL great bow woh cares what the logo is.

southerngirl
09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I love the cougar!!

GaShadowcat
09-25-2006, 01:20 AM
i agree with bubba if it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus why would you ever since i could remeber, even on my dads old couger magnum there is a cat on it. don't think it should ever change

cagstorm
10-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Please dont change the logo or any of the names of the bow lines. I think this is one of the most creative and applicable nomenclatures for a hunting bow line. Besides I just bought my Saber. Is that named after the Saber-tooth? or is it a Saber as in a sword?

finger freddie
11-01-2006, 01:06 AM
they better not change it, i have that m4l cougar tattooed on my arm:D

martinbobcat
03-09-2007, 11:28 PM
you people need to get a life or something!! who cares what the logo is?? i like the old one, the new one and whatever other ones they come up with. i've been shooting their bows for over 15 years, longer than most bow companies have been in business. i don't care if they had a rainbow for a logo, if they continue make damn good bows, i'm gonna use them.

martinbobcat
03-09-2007, 11:43 PM
One of the things that originally attracted me to Martin bows were the engraved wood inlays that they had on the inside of the sight windows back in the early and mid 1990's, most of which featured some kind of cat-predator image. They really made the Martin bows distinctive.

man, i miss the inlays!!! i had a firecat XRG and it had inlays on the side of the limb pockets too. it was aweosme, i wishi still had it!!!

mysnake12
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Gosh, what a subject....I got to agree with those that see the bases of the "Cat" in whatever form as the most appropriate!!! Sligh, sneaky, cunning, stealth like, killing machines....what could be more appropriate???

Know as for the old wood inlays...I thought they where great but I didn't buy a bow for that reason....just felt they where the best out there!!! My old M-7 Lynx had a wood inlay, but I lost it out hunting once upon a long time ago...I had already glued it back in twice before I finally lost it for good! That might be the reason they quit making the wood inlays???? By the way, however, for you fellas out there wanting a Big Game animal logo...my wood inlay had a White-tail buck in a forest scene, engraved on it...and also a sticker on the riser with the deer logo style like "joelc" posted in a thread...it fell off hunting also...go figure...this was all displayed on my old M-7 Lynx!!!

As for my new bow....I actually love the quarter size inlay, with Gail Martin engraved on it....set into the riser!!! Know that is truly awesome!!!!

eddennis
04-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I agree that the logo has to go! I tried unsuccessfully to obtain a logo with the whitetail....so, now that I 'advertise' for MARTIN on my back window...most people think I'm advertising for Mark Martin in NASCAR, 'cause I removed the cougar. I can't imagine why the #1 hunted big game animal isn't depicted in the logo. Why would a company with such a great product, not advertise the product with something more eyecatching than a mountain lion. The majority of the bowhunters are hunting whitetails and their hooved relatives...to me, it doesn't make $$ sense why a company wouldn't put the #1 big game animal on their product.

Build you won bows and use any logo you want. Kinda thing Browning beat you to the whitetail a few years back

cjchasman
04-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't get it??? Should we call it a Martin Target because some only shoot targets? Or Martin Bullseye, or Martin#@#@. I like the fact Martin thinks outside the box. My vote is " Leave it alone!":confused:

cyclepath
04-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Why are we still kicking a dead horse? If you want to be that anal then go buy a

Lung Buster
04-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Maybe we could use an onion as our logo! Lol

HawgEnvy
04-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Maybe we could use an onion as our logo! Lol

YES! onion extreme nitrous....vidalia laminate limbs....lol
the cat logo is perfect depiction of Martin bows. but the logo doesnt matter. it the quality and shootability that count.

Simple Life
04-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Why are we still kicking a dead horse? If you want to be that anal then go buy a

That hurts:(

SonnyThomas
04-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Have any of you seen Hoyt's logo? It's a dang apple. Figure that out.

Of course it depends on what you want to display. :D

HawgEnvy
04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
about Hoyts logo being an apple...wasnt it the story of William Tell shootin an apple off someones head? That's what I thought it(the logo)was about.

MLN1963
04-17-2011, 08:27 AM
It's funny how a thread started in 2006 is still going.

kylecurtis04
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't think they should change their logo. It represents who they are and why change something once you have a following? No change is necessary. The logo is irrelevant to the performance of the bow. If you have a more "likeable" logo means nothing. It wont make the bow shoot better at all. JMO

alex
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
about Hoyts logo being an apple...wasnt it the story of William Tell shootin an apple off someones head? That's what I thought it(the logo)was about.

He used a crossbow so if your logic is right Hoyt are in trouble :)

RLW
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
............One of the things that originally attracted me to Martin bows were the engraved wood inlays that they had on the inside of the sight windows back in the early and mid 1990's, most of which featured some kind of cat-predator image. They really made the Martin bows distinctive.

So, really, the cat-predator image has been a positive part of Martin's ad image for quite a long time, from my consumer's point of view.

Just my $0.02

Darren

I agree.........and I really like the old wood inlays like my '96 Firecat has, and the Firecat I had before that.
I for one, would be really bummed and disappointed if Martin went away from that image.

If anything I'm tired of every magazine, most hunting books, hunting shows, advertisements, t-shirts, ball caps, etc, etc, etc, being about or showing "whitetails"

gravedigger
04-18-2011, 11:53 AM
why is this 4 year old thread being brought back to life.logo is ez.martin is from washington.oregon and washington are side by side and known for there big cats.i.e the cougar\mountain lion.makes since to go with the preditor and not the pray,after all were the ones doing the hunting,not the other way around.