PDA

View Full Version : Firecat pro x

rongcp
03-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Since I've ordered my 09 Firecat I've noticed some threads on them about cam lean and cracked limbs. I'm hoping this is not a typical problem for the Firecat's. I really enjoy my Cheetah and because of this want to continue to own only Martin's , this is why I ordered the Firecat but I'm hoping I will not run into problem's with it. Does anyone have opinions on them?

Big Ben 75
03-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Anything man made can break.That being said I bought a 09 firecat 2 months ago.I have put about 400 arrows or more a week throught it and the only problems I have had is it likes to robin hood arrow.Hard to shoot a group to set a pin without putting one arrow inside another.I just love it.

rongcp
03-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Anything man made can break.That being said I bought a 09 firecat 2 months ago.I have put about 400 arrows or more a week throught it and the only problems I have had is it likes to robin hood arrow.Hard to shoot a group to set a pin without putting one arrow inside another.I just love it.Big Ben what type of peep are you using. I'm asking cause I want to use a Meta G-5 and hope I won't get peep rotation from string stretch. Thanks for your input though.

Big Ben 75
03-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I have a tru peep on it. I think thats what its called.Its just like a G5,I had a little rotation at first but it didn't take it long to settle in.I think that is normal.I don't even think about it now, it is always in the right spot. Hope this helps

flytier17
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I think peep rotation can be eliminated with a good set of strings. after the initial break-in, a quality string set should never stretch, or cause the peep to rotate.

Once in a while, the factory strings on a bow are good enough that i'll shoot with them. But I usually replace with aftermarket strings immediatly, as the first step to setting the bow up.

Alec

rongcp
03-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I think peep rotation can be eliminated with a good set of strings. after the initial break-in, a quality string set should never stretch, or cause the peep to rotate.

Once in a while, the factory strings on a bow are good enough that i'll shoot with them. But I usually replace with aftermarket strings immediatly, as the first step to setting the bow up.

AlecThanks for all your input. After opening my wallet to buy this bow I doubt I will be able to afford new strings immediately. I'm hoping the ones that come with the Firecat will be good enough to make it through this deer season.

bfisher
03-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your input. After opening my wallet to buy this bow I doubt I will be able to afford new strings immediately. I'm hoping the ones that come with the Firecat will be good enough to make it through this deer season.

The FireCat and a couple other Martin bows come with Helix Elite strings which are made by Stone Mountain. Stone Mountain is one of the aftermarket string makers that have been around for a long time. To stay in business as long as they have their strings must be decent.

The only ones I've ever tried are those on my 2008 FireCat. Pretty much from day one when I set my bow up and installed a peep mine hasn't moved one bit. Maybe I'm lucky. I don't know.

The only thing I can recommend is shooting some arrows out of a new bow to settle any initial creep and then install a peep and tune the bow. Then shoot for a while and see what happens.

BOWPRK
03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
The only ones I've ever tried are those on my 2008 FireCat. Pretty much from day one when I set my bow up and installed a peep mine hasn't moved one bit. Maybe I'm lucky. I don't know.

That was also my experiance with the strings that came on mine also no peep rotation at all kind of nice not to have to build strings for a new bow as soon as you get it:)