PDA

View Full Version : Riser Joint Movement?

Nomad59
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi gang! I'm new to Martin bows and the forum. got a couple of questions about my new 09 cheetah. First, the 3 piece riser looks as if it may be moving at the joint above the shelf. I can see shinny aluminum in the line around the joint and the camo lines are misaligned. Do any of you have this situation? Is this normal or is there actually movement there? Second, the idler cam seems to be biting into the string. I don't have the CCS. This short ATA parallel bow thing is all new to me so I've got a lot of things to figure out yet like string angle concerning peep sight, draw length and such but need to know if the bow needs serviced before I go any farther. Thanks ahead for any help you can give me.

dbd870
03-29-2009, 07:45 AM
The riser should not be moving at the joint; since it is a new bow I'd take it back and have that dealt with. You may have to do a little twisting on the cable for your lean problem.

HungarianHammer
03-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Please read my recent post titled "I nou need to have yeed help 09' cheetah problems" your shop serve the spot on the idler wheel and on the string and cable thru the roller gard, i did and it is fine.....BUT the biggest problem which i spotted yesterday is where the cable rolls over the cam module my cable is offset to the right (looking at it from draw position)thus riding on the edge and not in the center groove (this is gonna wear out quick!) slowly draw your bow back and inspect that spot....Be careful iwhen looking and dont let that bow jerk your hand into the CCS i did and it hurts:o Im thinking i might send mine back to martin :(

Nomad59
03-30-2009, 07:03 AM
HungarianHammer, I looked at the pix of your bow and mine looks just about the same. The string is not quite as ate up yet but I've only had the bow for about 3 weeks with around 100 shots through it. The closest local dealer to me is about 150 miles one way so it may be a few days before I can take it in. Does Martin sell seconds and blemish bows? I looked at a lot of bows before deciding on Martin. I just couldn't see spending an extra $200-$300 bucks on a name but I'm beginning to wonder. Thanks for your help.

Nomad59
03-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Thanks dbd870 for your help also. I'll be calling Martin Tech today and see what they have to say.

Nomad59
04-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Guys. Called Joel at Martin. He said he has never seen a Martin bow come loose at those joints. Said there are two steel pins and two socket head bolts holding it together. He did give me a return authorization # to send it in or said I could take it to a dealer. Decided to take it to the closest dealer. 150 mile round trip to find out he is no longer a dealer:confused:. Soooooo, long story short, it's going back to Martin. Joel has done his best to make things as painless as possible. Seems to be a good guy. Sometimes life would be much easier if I lived near civilization but I sure love the woods! Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Hookedonbows
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi out there, Nomad I just bought an 09 Firecat and have the same riser joint problem. Haven't shot the thing 100 times. Not too impressed with the quality. This joint should be absolutely ridgid and unable to move. I'd say it lacks in the design department.
It's too bad because I really like the feel and performance.

Nomad59
04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Sent the bow to Martin. They received it on the 9th. No word from them yet. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

HungarianHammer
04-14-2009, 05:52 PM
they should have it on its way back to you very soon. the shiping will take longer