PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Thru' System

toxobob
03-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi All,

I'm probably dreamin' here, but does anyone know if Martin do a shoot through string system kit to convert my '97 Cougar 4 (Elite limbs & Nitrous cams).

I'd love to do away with the cable guard and keep the limbs straight all the time!

Cheers,
Bob.

flytier17
03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
You will need to find "X" modules in the appropriate letoff, and mini's if necessary. Also, longer module screws. Martin no longer makes the Nitrous cams, so you may have to look in the AT classifieds or elsewhere to find the modules. Then, you need 4 cables with no split yokes, and you will be all set.

"X" systems are great. I have them on all my bows.

Alec

SandSquid
03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Don't forget at least one Long Axle and spacers.... ;)

flytier17
03-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Hey, thats a secret! :eek: Just kidding!

Yes, if you install one long axle, the cables will not touch each other, and the friction will be reduced. you'll pick up some speed, and also eliminate a wear point on the cables.

Alec

b0w_bender
03-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Sandsquid and Flytier17 do either of you have an extra long axle that you want to part with?

bfisher
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I might also add to what Alec mentioned earlier. If you have standard modules they will be marked "HL". If you have 65% modules they will be marked with 65% on them. If you have min mods then they will have "mini" on them as well.

You can get longer screws anywhere that is well stocked with this stuff. They are 8x32x5/8". You'll have to look for 5/8" machine screws.

flytier17
03-31-2009, 06:16 AM
Sandsquid and Flytier17 do either of you have an extra long axle that you want to part with?

Unfortuanetly, I do not. Any Martin shop will though. Same axle for the furious system too. They will be able to get you one, I'm sure. All mine are on bows!

Alec

toxobob
04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for all the info guys - at least I now know it is possible.

I may have a bit of a prob getting the bits as I'm over the pond in 'ol Blighty, but I now know what to look for!

Happy Shootin'

Bob.