PDA

View Full Version : Best drop-away rests out there...

Jake-the-snake
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I want to know what you guys think is the best drop away rest out there today...my personal would have to be the limbsaver fall away

davydtune
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Mine is the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone. I love that rest.:D

flytier17
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The Spot-Hogg Whammy provides the most arrow support of any dropaway. It is quite simply the most forgiving and accurate. It also flexes like a target rest to compensate for the arrows flex vertically. It has a cord that is slack at full draw so torque issues and timing issues are nonexistent. It is vertically and horozontally microadjustable, and is very adjustable in timing it. It works with most bows over 27" A2A, although some of the Hoyt TEC risers can be problematic. It is incredibly durable and well-built as well. A little pricey, but I think you get what you pay for, and then some in this case. Its the only dropaway I'll use. The arrow support is just phenomenal compared to the ones that trigger immediatly as the bow is fired. 3-5" of arrow support is typical for most dropaway rests, but the whammy will give you support right back to the fletches.

Alec

whitetailfreak86
04-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Limbsaver shadow arrow rest super quiet super fast and absolutely awesome if I didnt have it I would be using the Trophy ridge drop zone.

Big Ben 75
04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Ripcord all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doberman55
04-02-2009, 07:18 PM
G5 Expert work good for me

HungarianHammer
04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I really like the design and function of the spot hog whammy however for about the same money $99.00 the QAD ultra rest pro HD is sweet. Full arrow containment, built in vibration dampening, the rest locks down and wont bounce back when fired, and like the whammy at slow let down it wont fall :D

flytier17
04-03-2009, 09:05 AM
No, thw whammy ALWAYS triggers, even on let down.

because the whammy trip trigger is attatched to the downwards cable, it will trigger every time that cable moves down. It also trips faster, the faster the cable moves. So the faster the bow is, the faster the whammy trips, allowing for more support besause it can be tripped closer to the fletches.

With the well built construction of the Whammy, there is no play, and no noise. it still has more support than the QAD. And as for containment? I don't plan on shooting my bow upside down anytime soon.

Alec

Montalaar
04-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Hmmm...

I own the Limbsaver one and i am very satisfied with that one. I have the ripcord attached to the cable slide so that i have no additional tension on the cables. I also like the possibilities to microtune everything.

I thought the same thing about the Whammy but i have heard a lot of bad things about it. Around 80% of the people that have tried it here will not be able to recommend it. And they have enough experiences with other fall-aways. Now they use a limbdriver system.

dougkellermann
04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Im happy with the Trophy Taker. The Whammy looks very nice.

flytier17
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hmmm...

I own the Limbsaver one and i am very satisfied with that one. I have the ripcord attached to the cable slide so that i have no additional tension on the cables. I also like the possibilities to microtune everything.

I thought the same thing about the Whammy but i have heard a lot of bad things about it. Around 80% of the people that have tried it here will not be able to recommend it. And they have enough experiences with other fall-aways. Now they use a limbdriver system.

To be honest, it is usually because they are too lazy to learn how to use it. It is a pain to time and tune, I'll admit it. But it still outperforms pretty much any dropaway. A lot of people get hung up on the whole slack-cord thing. They don't comprehend the trigger. Once you learn the rest, you will have no problems with it as long as you don't change anything on it. it is not a rest for people who want something that is simple and easy to learn, but more for a performance-desiring archer. A lot of 3-D BHFS guys use 4" helical fletches around here, and they can be a clearence issue with a support target rest. I know 7 people at my club who shot anything but whammys. One had a TT, one a ripcord, 2 limbdrivers, one a homemade jobbie, etc... I sold all 7 whammy's after i showed them how to set up and use it. All 7 still shoot whammy's. 2 had even tried whammy's bfore, but couldn't make them work. I'm not bragging about my setting up abilities, but I thought I'd mention it to show how some people just need to see it work to like it.

You have a couple Premiers according to your sig. Well, the horozontal and vertical microdrive is identical to the whammy. You will be very familiar with that. if you like the way the premier adjusts, you will like the whammy too.

Alec

Sagittarius
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
anyone looked into the mid atlantic archery Tri-Van holds like a capture rest but pops out of the way at release ATA gave it a good report has anyone actually seen it ?????