PDA

View Full Version : My first post

ranger53
04-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Just registered. New to this forum,but not martin bows. I have a martin jaguar with a fusion cam.;) Love it! And today I just got another martin. I got a Martin Saber. I picked it up at BPS. It was a package deal, and something I could afford. I also have a '98 model PSE V-4 Nova, dual cam. I love all 3.:D I plan on sending my Jaguar to my son in Utah. He's at Hill AFB. He has an old bear alaskan, but I want him to enjoy archery, so I think it's only fitting to help him out. I want to experiment with some different cams on the alaskan. It is quite a heavy bow, but it absorbs shock really good. I haven't decided want kind of cams to use, but I'll think of something. Glad to be here.;):D
tommy

Big Ben 75
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
welcome:p:p:p:p

ranger53
04-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Sometime today I'm going to get the 30 yd. pin squared away on the saber. I wished that the guys at BPS really knew how to set things up. He got it close and I finished the job yesterday with the 20 yd. pin. I know they don't get a big paycheck, but I would learn from a pro if I was going to have a job like that. There's a guy from Dickson, TN. named Thomas that works at Dickson Co. sportsman store. He has people coming from everywhere, and close too for him to set their bow up. The guy I had that set-up my jaguar, did the whole gambit. He said that the butcher block paper tune is real important to make sure that the arrow is leaving the launchers like they should. I will say the jaguar is dead-nuts on. And what is it with people that want to set up a dual cam bow with the arrow pointing downward at the front? You can't adjust anything and it slows down the arrow speed to boot.:mad:
tommy

bfisher
04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the boards. To answer your question, why do some like a slight nock high orietation to the arrow? It helps ensure clearance on a prong or blade type rest, that's why. Not all of us are using drop away rests. Some of us like simple rests with the least amount of moving parts. There's less to go wrong overall. And speed loss isn't as much as you might think. We will gladly give up 2-3 fps for more reliability in the rest and better accuracy.