PDA

View Full Version : How do you shoot your bow??

jbowers12
04-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I was wondering how everyone else held there bow at full draw. I bend my bow arm about an inch out. I use to shoot with it fairly straight. Some one told me that if you bend it and shorten your draw length a little it made you more accurate and forgiving but i dont know. it feels like im in a bind sometimes. I have to bend it anyways to touch my nose to the string. I anchor with my thumb under my ear and my nose on the string. How does everyone else anchor?:confused:Sometimes i am inconsistent so im looking for different ways to anchor. Im not confortable the way i anchor now. Can someone else tell me how you anchor?Thanks:D

rongcp
04-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I keep my bow arm slightly bent and anchor my thumb under my ear as you do. If you don't keep your bow arm bent when you have loose or heavy clothing on it might interfere with your string on the shot. If you continue to practice it should come to you. If not you may have the poundage on your bow to high.

alex
04-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Here's a video that may help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iApqJA41WP0&feature=channel_page