PDA

View Full Version : ccs?

aquaboss
04-18-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm really having a hard time debating on whether to put a ccs on my 09 Bengal.
Already threw an sts on it. Is it worth it? How about some opinions?

jbowers12
04-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I would probably try it out. Im going to get one for mine some time to try it out. Some times my carbon cable rod likes to pop and crackle at almost full draw. I dont like this. At higher poundage the sounds go away. But, on lower poundage its worse??:confused:

I dont know. As long as it shoots good i guess. I got it chrode yesterday.
At 70#= 278 fps dupli
At 64#= 260 fps average

Thats with a 366 grain arrow and my draw length is 29. I shot my 402g hunting arrow through it and come up with 268fps at 70 pound and 261 At 67 pound.

If you do get the ccs you might have to serve the cable and string were it goes through the wheels of the ccs and were the sts hits the string. Iv seen most people already have trouble if they dont do this.:D

bowgramp59
04-19-2009, 03:59 PM
:)i got a 2009 moab,they come with the ccs, i love it ,it is a lot quiter than my 08 moab and 08 bengal . i wish i could put them on the other 2 bows.

flytier17
04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I'd leave it. I don't like the stress caused by a fixed cable point. It is too hard on the system. I'd always go for a cable guard personally. It will be just as quiet, if not more so.

Alec

vwpittman
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I would try it. You will gain poundage and speed, but lose a little letoff. I've also heard roller guards are quieter than cable guards. I don't think Martin would have offered it on their bows if it were to cause any issues with added stress. If it would fit an 07 Slayer, I would try one. I don't think you would have a problem selling it if you didn't like it.

Martin4life
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
i have the 09 Bengal as well. I installed the CCS and STS systems too. What i found in my case was the CCS added an extra 15lbs draw weight, i backed it off to 70# and shot 101 shots before the bottom riser BROKE! Called Martin (Joel) and found you have to install different risers to use the CCS system. They replaced and now its good to go. I did have serving installed on the cables where it rolls through the wheels as well. Its very accurate, smooth and the let off point is no problem.

I do notice i have cam lean going on, how do i fix that???? Also, install STS with 1/16" from string to rubber pad for best performance.

Happy Hunting!:)

Martin4life
04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
After installing CCS i had it chrono'd, 70# 29" 402g 4" vanes hunt arrow was 294fps, blazers were 302fps!!! fast enough in my book

09 Bengal
HHA 3000 SP
G5 Expert 2 drop away
wildman quiver
D loop
G5 peep
SIMS dampeners

flytier17
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
For cam lean, a cable guard is also preferred. You can adjust a cable guard for minimum clearence, but not a CCS.

Alec

jbowers12
04-26-2009, 03:45 PM
After installing CCS i had it chrono'd, 70# 29" 402g 4" vanes hunt arrow was 294fps, blazers were 302fps!!! fast enough in my book

09 Bengal
HHA 3000 SP
G5 Expert 2 drop away
wildman quiver
D loop
G5 peep
SIMS dampeners

How did you get that? I cant get but 274-278 with mine set at the same DL and DW as yours using a 366 grain arrow with a dropaway arrow rest. I dont have but about 16 grains altogether on the string. No peep tubing also.

But i dont have the ccs or the sts installed. But i dont think that would make much a difference on speed. unless the ccs puts more force or something.:confused:

Martin4life
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Mine was around the 275 mark before i installed the ccs, i also had to have different limbs installed though, not risers as i previously stated. That has to be what caused the performance gain.:)

jbowers12
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Was kind of limbs was it?? Do you think they would swap limbs with the ones i got if i pay shipping costs?? I would get me a ccs system. Then I could drop the weight down on my bow and stay the same speed. How did you get yours? Thanks:D:D

HungarianHammer
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Mine was around the 275 mark before i installed the ccs, i also had to have different limbs installed though, not risers as i previously stated. That has to be what caused the performance gain.:)

What number and letter is on the limb??????? :confused:

Martin4life
04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I ordered my 09 Bengal with the CCS and STS systems, Martin doesn't put them on at factory, at least they didn't for me when i asked them too. After shooting the bow for a week i noticed it getting slower and louder and thought what the ****. At 101 shots the bottom limb broke, i called Joel at Martin and he told me to take to local dealer to have it fixed, they shipped it back to Joel who then discovered the wrong limbs were on it and in fact you have to have the next size larger for the CCS since it add about 15lbs draw weight. It is great now and that is the chrono i got from sportsman warehouse out here, 15 consecutive shots.

I'll have to look tonight for the limb number, believe i saw 5H on the limb??? Original limb was like 4H

bfisher
04-28-2009, 05:33 PM
The difference between 4H and 5H is only 5#.

peeker
04-28-2009, 07:39 PM
So this means when I get my Cheetah, I have to replace the limbs in order to add the CCS?

aquaboss
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
If you do then why don't they tell you this???????
I did put one on my Bengal last week and really like it. I have bad shoulders and it is smoother. When my ccs came the enclosed card that states:
#CG3 MARTIN CABLE CONTAINMENT SYSTEM
Installation of CCS unit will cause an increase of 5#-10# of Draw weight. (This increase of weight is ok to shoot but can be eliminated by installing a split cable of 1/2" longer length. See your Dealer for details. As the CCs installation will require disassembly and reassembly, please see your Dealer.
Anyhow my strings were fraying way before adding the ccs, so I ordered a custom set two days ago with a 1/2'' longer cable. Nothing anywhere is stated about needing different limbs.

jbowers12
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
i hope u dont have to get new limbs because i was going to put the ccs on my bengal in the next two weeks and the sts.:(

jbowers12
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
The difference between 4H and 5H is only 5#.

I should be good with the ccs because i just checked and my limbs are already 5H.:D

aquaboss
04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
If you look at the spec sheet 1H are 50#limbs, 3H/60#, 5H/70#.

jbowers12
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
I am good then

Camilo
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
sorry for quoting after so much time.
I did get a CCS for my 09 bengal.
What do you mean with "The bottom riser BROKE" ?
you mean the bow riser ? or some other bow part ?

i have the 09 Bengal as well. I installed the CCS and STS systems too. What i found in my case was the CCS added an extra 15lbs draw weight, i backed it off to 70# and shot 101 shots before the bottom riser BROKE! Called Martin (Joel) and found you have to install different risers to use the CCS system. They replaced and now its good to go. I did have serving installed on the cables where it rolls through the wheels as well. Its very accurate, smooth and the let off point is no problem.

I do notice i have cam lean going on, how do i fix that???? Also, install STS with 1/16" from string to rubber pad for best performance.

Happy Hunting!:)

Ray from Auburn
03-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Got me doing a little rethinking now. I have a 09 Bengal. I put the sts on it and reserve the contact point. I am having a CCS put on w/a 1/2" longer cable as per Martin's suggestion. They said the draw weight could be left as is (50# peak). The 1/2" longer cable is supposed to relieve the stress. should I be worried about the limbs or anything else (serving the cable? etc).

hunhunter
03-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Hi.
...and how many longer the cable with ccs system?The original cable long 34". for the Bengal.
What is necessary to the complete ccs?

good shoting

Sagittarius
03-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Hey ray from auburn U a bow dealer with all those bows ??? How does your bengal match up to the others???
Sag from chatham !!!!!

Ray from Auburn
03-18-2010, 07:07 AM
no dealer, just fell in love with the bowhunting. Honestly, my Parker Trailblazer is my favorite. It has good balance, feels good in my hand, easier to draw compared to the others and I'm fairly accurate with it. I just got the Parker Inferno @ Gander Mtn, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. I'm getting the Bengal set up to get the best I can out of it, I love what it offers. Had a Bear Lights Out Darkhorse, but I never clicked with it, sold it and got the Inferno. I like shooting all of em', I just seems to always end up carrying the PTBlazer.

Sagittarius
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
WOW must be nice to have that kinda jack to be spending on bows !!!!!! Do you do any dealing with Bob out at Prairie Archery ??? What about the different rests which do you prefer????

Ray from Auburn
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, I just shot the Inferno @ Gander w/the ripcord. I think I'm gonna like this setup. I like the NAP 360 over the Octane Hostage. I put some moleskin over the plastic post to quiet it down. I don't have the brushes touching the arrow at all, just enough gap to keep it contained if necessary. I know the Hostage brushes will have to be replaced eventually, but it's ok for now. My Bengal will have a NAP 360 on it once the CCS and new cable are installed. I can't wait for it, hope it's ready by the weekend to test it out. All my sights are TruGlo, except for the Bengal whick has a Apex (basic 3 pin).

Sagittarius
03-19-2010, 03:46 PM
good luck!! sounds like a nice set up let!! me know how it shoots compared to the other bows ?????

Ray from Auburn
03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Just shot my 09 Bengal @ the local Gander Mtn. Great customer service there btw. Bowtech Nick installed the CCS and replaced the yoke w/the new one. I took the string leeches off the factory strings and now it is quite possibly my quietest bow. I'm going to replace the sight ASAP with a tool-less TruGlo 5 pin. The setup now is CCS & STS installed, with NAP 360 Capture Rest, Wildman 4 arrow quiver, TruFire Hurricane FB 360, 30" carbon express Maxima 250s, and draw weight 49.2#s

Sagittarius
03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
sounds nice! but how does it shoot compared to your trailblazer and other bows ???

drevilmike77
03-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi.
...and how many longer the cable with ccs system?The original cable long 34". for the Bengal.
What is necessary to the complete ccs?

good shoting

My Bengal came with the CSS and sts installed from Martin. My Cable is 34.5"

Ray from Auburn
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I can give a better update tomorrow, gonna take all out and do some shooting with a chronograph. I think I actually lost a little on draw weight. I thought after the CCS was installed with the new cable, might be a little over 50#s, but that's ok.

Ray from Auburn
03-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok, here are my chrono results from today. Basically two arrows used. Arrow #1 is the Carbon Express Terminator 4560 that Walmart sells so unsure of weight. Arrow #2 is Carbon Express Maxima 250 (around 362gr). Both were used with a 100gr field pt, 30" long and blazer vanes. Martin Bengal with CCS & STS installed: arrow 1 was 215 fps, arrow 2 was 222 fps @ 49.2 #s. Mission Eliminator: arrow 1 was 236.5 fps & arrow 2 was 255 fps @ 57.5#s. Parker Inferno: arrow 1 was 243 fps & arrow 2 was 261 fps @ 60#s. Parker Trailblazer: arrow 1 was 222 fps and arrow 2 was 240 fps. D-loop on all. Bengal, very quiet! For me it was a good investment adding the CCS & STS. My accuracy with the Bengal saw improvement. The Eliminator seemed the roughest compared to the Bengal and my Parkers. I had a brush on the NAP 360 fall off the Bengal so I wasn't able to shoot it as much as I like. With my Inferno I was hitting a 12" circle at 60yds.

Sagittarius
03-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Did you have vanes hitting on the Bengal that caused the brush to fall off ?? What was the DW on the Trailblazer ?? I wish I had enough room to shoot 60yds the most I can safely get in my back yard is 35. Right now I wish I could shoot at all.. I've got some tendonitis in my bow arm....

Ray from Auburn
03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
It's possible the vane caught the brush. The "clamp" was still attached, it's just the brush that went missing. I really like the Ripcord so I may be buying one for the Bengal. It sure was quiet up til then. Trailblazer is set at 60#s (the easiest & smoothest draw out of the four bows). We were shooting out at Lake Sangchris on their archery range. It was fun hitting the bag at that distance. I wish I had a before pic on the Bengal and one after to compare the cam now that I have a CCS attached. Hope the tendonitis clears up for you.

Sagittarius
03-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Where's the range at out at Sangchris?? I haven't been there for awhile. How many targets ?? What type of targets are they ?? How far can you shoot ?? I need some long distance practice. It'll give the boy and I something to do some weekend.. I get tired of the same old thing over and over again.

Ray from Auburn
03-28-2010, 07:44 PM
west side of the lake near the Bethany Cemetary. From Chatham, take New City Road, go past the spillway, past Deer Run, past Pheasant Run & where the road takes a sharp left is the entrance to the archery range. Follow the gravel road to the parking area. The range is 4 mounds with posts to hang "your targets". There is a 10yd, 20yd, 30yd, & 40yd mound. Each one has white plastic tubes to hold arrows if you don't have a quiver. The 20yd one is the only one with a concrete patio and a old picnic table. All the others are a walk in the grass back and forth to target. We've used bag targets, block-types, & a deer target there. We use the 20yd since it has the patio and table. Take a rangefinder and just backup til you hit 30, 40, 50, and 60yds. But we only do that when we're the only ones there for safety reasons. It's not the best kept place but it works for us. Have either rope or bungee cords to hang your target (bag). Here's my email if I help you out w/anything. rays1960@yahoo.com

Sagittarius
03-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Thanx Ray much appreciated!!!!

Ray from Auburn
04-01-2010, 01:24 AM
One thing I have found out since installing a ccs on my bengal is adjusting a arrow rest is now a challenge. Had a NAP on, took it off til brushes arrive & put a Octane Hostage on. Well the top screw is now unaccessible due to the ccs. Looks to me that once a CCS in installed, you have to be watchful of your arrow rest.

Sagittarius
04-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I'll have to look into that?? I'm thinking about changing over to a trophy taker?? Seems I'm always changing brushes or the little plastic rest is breaking??? I had a drop away on my old bow and once I got it set I liked it!! It just semed a little loud ??

Spiker
04-06-2010, 06:29 AM
One thing I have found out since installing a ccs on my bengal is adjusting a arrow rest is now a challenge. Had a NAP on, took it off til brushes arrive & put a Octane Hostage on. Well the top screw is now unaccessible due to the ccs. Looks to me that once a CCS in installed, you have to be watchful of your arrow rest.

Turn the mount around so the screw head faces down.

Ray from Auburn
04-06-2010, 06:56 AM
thank you sir, I will try that.