PDA

View Full Version : Orion limbs

hexx
04-22-2009, 02:31 AM
I tuned my hunting bow (Orion) to specs and i checked lbs with my scale and i got 66 lbs but martin promises only 60 lb for those limbs. Is it safe to shoot with those limbs + 66 lbs?

bfisher
04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
What cam is on it? I would shoot it, but I'd also back the limbs off a bit. Something else you could do is take a few twists out of the string and cables to help unload the limbs a bit. Specs are just approximates. Set the bow where it shoots the best for YOU then measure what those specs are. A little off means nothing.

flytier17
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Lots of bows bottom heavier than the specs, but I agree 6 lbs is a shade too high. 3-4, even 5 is normal. If you check the year, the limb deflection #, and the cam system against the charts, you can tell if it is proper or not. Also check A2A and BH in case the string is too twisted like Barry mentioned.

Alec

hexx
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for answers.. The cam is dyna cam. I'm taking couple twist off so it will be between 60-64 lbs.

bfisher
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Take about 4 twists out of the cables and 4 out of the string. This will make the draw just a bit longer, but not much. It should lower the poundage for you. After you're done and have tuned the bow or retuned, as necessary, check the specs again. They don't have to be right on, but you need to record what they are in case you ever change anything.

flytier17
04-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for answers.. The cam is dyna cam. I'm taking couple twist off so it will be between 60-64 lbs.

What is the year made, model #, and limb deflection #?

Alec