PDA

View Full Version : 08 firecat pro

rob
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I have a 08 firecat pro that sounds like a shotgun when fired. I have sent it back to martin fully rigged out with an arrow. they sent it back to me and said nothing was wrong. When i shoot with my buddys they all tell me that it is by far the loudest bow they have ever heard. The bow shoots perfect and i love it. What should i do?

bfisher
04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
First thing I'd do is check out all the specs and reset them if need be. Then optimize the cam rotation. There is an article on AT that spells out how.

Now, what all is on the bow to aid in vibration dampening? How about telling us the bow's draw weight, draw length, what arrow your shooting and total arrow weight.

I have a fireCat and won't be arrogant enough to say it's dead quiet, but it's not noisy either.

rob
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
My bow is 28.5 draw 70#, rip cord, extreme sights, goldtip 5575 365gr at 305 fps. It has string leaches, limbsavers and the little limbsavers on the sights. It also has has the little string leaches on the cables. If you pull the bow back 2 inches and let the string go you can here the " metal to metal" sound right in the middle around the riser. It will do this rigged or as a bare bow. Martin sent it back to me with a piece of paper they shot it through. The paper tune looks great he said. Like i said before the bow shoot great but i think i have some kind of a riser issue. Thanks

bfisher
04-23-2009, 07:15 PM
We have another thread going about the rollers in the CCS having some slop in them. Try pushing the rollers from side to side to see if there is any play. If there is try shimming it with little spacers.

I'm also going to recommend that you take two turns off the limbs and see if this helps. It's just my experience that makes me wonder about the arrow spine. A 400 might be OK for your setup, but I would lean more toward a 340 at your specs. So backing the limbs off might make a difference. Try it and see.

Here again, cam orientation might have something to do with it. Especially if they are over rotated.