PDA

View Full Version : '09 Moab problems!

Hasty
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Has anyone else been having problems with their Moab?

The first day a had the bow the cable clip at the top axle broke. Not very encouraging to have parts fail the same day you pay for a bow. Once it was fixed I shot it and like the bow but,.... the thing eats serving like crazy. Then to top it off, I've had the bow for a little over a month and this past weekend I was shooting the R-100 and 20 shots into it my bottom limb cracked. So this will be the 2nd time I've had to take it to a dealer for warranty work in 6 weeks.

I've had other Martin bows and never a problem. Is this par for the course with the Moab?

Hasty
09-06-2009, 02:09 AM
I cracked the bottom limb again yesterday. Hopefully third times the charm for warranty work.

alex
09-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Too bad...My 08 MOAB hasn't caused any troubles and i have it for almost a year.If you look through the forum you'll see almost no complains about the 08 MOAB, so i guess the problems come from the CCS.

Hasty
09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I didn't shoot this bow for almost a year trying to make it last until this hunting season. It didn't make it!

Deer season is 5 days away and I don't have a bow this year,... for the second year in a row.

This is going to be the bow's 4th set of limbs in a year and a half. This isn't my first bow, it has never been dropped, last two sets of limbs were never put in a bow press, always cased, kept inside except for hunting time and never in the rain, 430 grain arrows at 70 pounds. This set didn't even get to the 200 shot mark. What good is having a bow if you're afraid to shoot it, and it won't last more than 3 rounds of 5 spot?

I'm starting to wonder if Martin is going to make this right or not, the bow has been in the shop for 2 days and still no reply from Martin. They don't even make the MOAB anymore so hopefully they won't tell me that I'm stuck with this broken lemon.

What does everyone here think I should do b/c I'm out of ideas.

gibson 787
09-10-2010, 06:50 PM
What does everyone here think I should do b/c I'm out of ideas

Sorry to hear about the problems Hasty. At the end of the day I know Martin will look after you. I also have an 09 Moab and like you had a few problems with it. I'm midway to getting the problems sorted with Martin, so hang in there. I've been told that problems with the Moab are fairly rare, so I guess we were the unlucky ones.

I have my string served where it passes over the idler wheel and also where it passes through the CCS and have no problems in that area at all. I believe some of the staff at Martin had an extended break over the long weekend so that's likely you've not heard from them.

I have to say this, I've shot many a bow in my 45 years of archery and hunting and the Moab is up there with the best. Production of the Moab continues, just with a different name. It's now known as the Firecat TR1.

Good luck and I hope you get it fixed real soon.

Destroyer
09-10-2010, 08:40 PM
What does everyone here think I should do b/c I'm out of ideas.

Get the Moab together and sell it or trade it in. Buy another bow.

I still wonder if the problem is in the riser.

gibson 787
09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I still wonder if the problem is in the riser.

Could be right, but I think Alex is on the right track with the CCS. It is definitely a limb twister, but with the M Pro cam I dunno, there shouldn't be a problem??. I do know this though, a large percentage of limb failures occur with the limbs maxed out or close to.

Destroyer
09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
but I think Alex is on the right track with the CCS.

Agree for this model. My limbs cracked and no ccs but longer ATA. Wonder how the regular cable guard setup would go then, maybe that's a possible fix. The only problem is spending more $$ to see and even then......um.....I'll shut my mouth now lol! :D

large percentage of limb failures occur with the limbs maxed out or close to.

Mine have been fine so far, one turn off bottom. :)

Hasty
09-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Martin came through and sent me a new bow and it only took a week. The bad thing was that they sent me a tr1 firecat that had tr2 cams so the bow only went to 30 inches and I have a 31 D.L.. Hopefully things will get sorted out soon b/c I am still without a bow.

moab2009
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
i have a moab09 and the riser is starting to crack, i shoot a 100 shots a day with it! i dont know what to do any suggestions?
The bottom cam does eat the servings up im going on my 3rd set of custom strings already !!

alex
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
i have a moab09 and the riser is starting to crack, i shoot a 100 shots a day with it! i dont know what to do any suggestions?
The bottom cam does eat the servings up im going on my 3rd set of custom strings already !!

If you're the first owner of the bow Martin will fix it (the riser issue). I guess you have a cam lean which causes the string problems (may be even a bent axle and that reflects on the riser too) - if you can't fix it yourself you'd better go to your dealer or to another bow shop.

gibson 787
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
i have a moab09 and the riser is starting to crack,

You may be looking at the riser joins. Most Martin compound risers are in 3 sections, with 2 joins. Can you get a pic up so we can get a look?

danastles
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
i have an 08 moab and the only problems ive had with it are the factory string was garbage, no serving on the idler, string jumped clean off the wheel twice, so i scraped the string and got a new one. i even called martin asking about the idler and string problem and whoever i talked to said he never heard of it and didnt say anything else or ask a single question so i hung up. i also lost my damn receipt so i hope nothing breaks on me or ill lose it haha.
dan

Destroyer
09-23-2010, 03:14 AM
You may be looking at the riser joins.

Be my guess too. ;)