PDA

View Full Version : Any other Warthog shooters?

wisecane
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Got my Warthog a few weeks ago and have been loving every minute of it. Anyone else here shooting a 'Hog?

Martin4life
04-30-2009, 09:52 AM
i bought the 09 Bengal and love it also, money ran tight this year but i wanted the "hog" real bad, is it everything they say it is?? I'd really like the new Rytera too, there was a great write up in the Bow & Arrow Hunting mag about it, it basically blew away ALL the competition :D

Have fun with your new toy!

bearagone
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey Wisecane, Congrats on the new bow.
I've had mine about about a month now. I am very impressed with the accuracy and speed. What really got me was how much easier it is to shoot than the '09 Moab, I did not expect this from the speedster in the Martin lineup.
The longer ATA must more than compensate for the shorter brace height, as my groups have shrunk again with this new bow.

The turkey I dusted last weekend (pun intended) exploded in a cloud of dust, as if a bomb had gone off, it managed to flop a few yards from where I nailed it, but that Rage two-blade put him right down.

Make sure your cable guard is adjusted out far enough that the cables clear the draw modules (try slipping a piece of paper between the cable and module for sufficient clearance).

What is your first impression? Any problems?

Happy Hunting, Bearagone

wisecane
05-05-2009, 08:44 AM
My first impression is WOW! I had gotten out of the archery game for about 15 years and jumped back in with a Warthog. needless to say it has been an awesome experience.
My bow was set up by scepterman30x so I have every confidence in it being right! It shoots like a dream, very quiet and very smooth. The bow is just dead in my hand after the shot. I haven't shot any other of the latest bows so I can't really compare, but I really couldn't see myself liking anything else much better.
It really zips them in there and my form is coming back to me. Now I just have to shoot shoot shoot (luckily I have a job that allows me to shoot multiple groups daily). Have you chrono'd yours? I am just curious because I haven't had a chance to do mine yet.

scepterman30x
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
My first impression is WOW! I had gotten out of the archery game for about 15 years and jumped back in with a Warthog. needless to say it has been an awesome experience.
My bow was set up by scepterman30x so I have every confidence in it being right! It shoots like a dream, very quiet and very smooth. The bow is just dead in my hand after the shot. I haven't shot any other of the latest bows so I can't really compare, but I really couldn't see myself liking anything else much better.
It really zips them in there and my form is coming back to me. Now I just have to shoot shoot shoot (luckily I have a job that allows me to shoot multiple groups daily). Have you chrono'd yours? I am just curious because I haven't had a chance to do mine yet.

Jim, bring it back by the house when you come get your arrows and we will chrono it.

wisecane
05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Any way we could chrono it today? I should be off by 6 or so.

scepterman30x
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Any way we could chrono it today? I should be off by 6 or so.

I don't see a problem.

wisecane
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Awesome! Just call me when you get close, Looks like I'll be getting off a little bit earlier. Thanks

rm1982
05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I just got mine last week it shoots great but does not seem to shoot as fast as my 08 slayer but it is a better balanced bow and of course a lot lighter. it is at the shop waiting for the new mods to come in I had a problem with string getting cut on the mods. can't wait to get it shoot again hopeful it will be done for the shoot this weekend.

www.coloradotactical.com
05-28-2009, 08:39 PM
"Make sure your cable guard is adjusted out far enough that the cables clear the draw modules (try slipping a piece of paper between the cable and module for sufficient clearance). "

How do you adjust the cable cams to miss the string?

I am trying to purchase a warthog, I just left my pro shop, both bows they have, they are returning, as all their warthogs are having major issues with the cam cutting the strings...what in the world is up with that? I currently shoot a really old Martin Warthog (20 plus years...) and I want to shoot the new Warthog...however I am a little freaked out about what looks like an ongoing cam problem with the 2009 warthogs? HELP!

nepolean77
06-07-2009, 12:18 AM
when I visited a friend in Australia we went bow hunting for pigs we got three,him 2 me 1 very exciting as have to get in close,hunting at its best