PDA

View Full Version : Martin Tracer LT (2003 Model)

tja
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I have the Tracer LT and want to install a G5 peep. A friend told me that I "may" be able to carefully loosen the limb screws to the point that there will be no pressure on the limbs...he qualified that the screws must be long enough or bam...your dead. Does this bow work that way or do I need bow press?

Thanks,

tja

bfisher
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
OK, listen carefully. If you look at the riser behind eack limb pocket there is a barrel nut that the limb bolts thread into. If you look more carefully you'll see that you can actually see the bolt threads.

NOW, you can back your limbs off as far as you like, in fact, probably far enough to take the bow completely apart---without the use of a bow press. As you back off the limb bolts you'll come to a point where you can start seeing daylight through the barrel nut. This happens usually when you've taken about 9-10 turns off. This is pretty much where you want to stop. At this point things should be pretty slack.

I have backed mine off till the bolt threads only showed about halfway through the nut. The bow is not going to go "Kaboom" if you take your time. FYI, Martin is one of the few bows you can do this with.

tja
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks mush for the information...

I will carefully follow the instructions...

tja

SandSquid
05-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0O5HP-4eM