PDA

View Full Version : Warthog Limbs

debowhunter
05-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Martin Limbs have a 15 # adjustment range. Is it possible to get limbs for a 09 Warthog that is 50 to 65 # and what does the 5H stand for on the limbs. Thanks to anyone that can help.

wisecane
05-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you need 4H limbs to max out at 65#. I have 3H and mine maxes at 60#. 5H Limbs are for a 70# bow.

SandSquid
05-18-2009, 07:53 AM
the number/letter combination is the deflection rating.... HOWEVER, the rating alone is worthless for determining draw weight as each riser has different riser lengths and bedding angles. The same limbs will produce different weight on different bows.

Each number represents an increase or decrease of 5#, each letter L/M/H represents 2-3# up or down. Therefore if you are pulling say 60# (max) and have 5H to go down to 50# (max) you would want 3H.. If you wanted 46# then you would choose some 3L limbs. Make sense?

Martin also gives you about 15# down form peak, each turn of the limb bolt out will shave about 3# off to a maximum of 5 turns out and a minimum of 15# off your max weight.

That being said, I like to mave my limbs cranked all the way down so I'm at the upper limit of my limbs rather than the lower end of the range. I find the bow is just more efficient.

scepterman30x
05-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you need 4H limbs to max out at 65#. I have 3H and mine maxes at 60#. 5H Limbs are for a 70# bow.

Wisecane is correct if what he says is on his bow is what it is.:D

wisecane
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
That's real nice......lol. I am sure that my limbs are 3H and that my bow is a 60#'er. Also watch out for those "limb cracks" at the end of your limbs.:)

Wisecane is correct if what he says is on his bow is what it is.:D

debowhunter
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks guy’s great info. I just bought a used 09 Warthog and the guy told me it is a 50 to 65# bow and I just thought that was odd. I know it has 5H limbs on it. Also it has something bolted to the limb right at the split before the cam. This is not shown on the Warthog pictured on there sight. Is this an improvement they implemented? I know Darton did something similar years ago to strengthen and support there limbs.