PDA

View Full Version : Limb length on 05 SlayR

wisecane
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Curious as to the limb length on an '05 SlayR?

scepterman30x
05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
14" unless it is a custom job.

elkslayer4x5
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I have two 06 Slayers. Bought both of them used, one came to me with 14 inch Magmun limbs, and the other came with 13 inch limbs with factory decals on them which said Martin SE on the top limb and Pro Series Slayer X Extreme on the bottom limb. I mentioned where the limbs where installed because it seems to me someone put them on up side down. My main point about these limbs is the decals on em, seems they are stock limbs, for a Slayer, at least in 06.

wisecane
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
So no go on a straight up limb swap with a Warthog (hypothetical musings)....my limbs are 13".

elkslayer4x5
05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
As I understand it, you need re-enforced limb tips for those cat cams. If you're asking if the limbs off a 05 SlayR will work, Not with those cams. You need limbs off a Firecat ( same cam ) Check out the classified ads on ArcheryTalk.com. And keep checking here, there are a lot o folks here that know more than I do about Martin bows.

wisecane
05-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the tip elkslayer. I really am not looking to swap the limbs...there is an 05 SlayR coming to join the family and I was just daydreaming a little. If/when I want to change limbs, I'll probably just order them from Martin. So the CAT cams really put that much more pressure on the limbs than NOS C cams?

Desmond
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
My Slayer is also an 06' with NOS- C cams and it came with 14" limbs. I bought it directly from MARTIN.

scepterman30x
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Folks...for those that don't know, some folks call their SlayR a Slayer. If I remember correctly the SlayR was offered only in 05' then came the Slayer. The SlayR is basicly the same as the Slayer except it is beefier, a little heavier and has a 23 degree grip, verses a 17 degree with the Slayer and it came (from the factory) with 14" limbs before 13" limbs where introduced. Either riser will accept the 13 or 14 inch limbs however I don't remember whether the 14" limb is available with the rounded limb pocket area however I do believe the 13" limb has either (correct me if I'm wrong folks).
On another note you can put the C.A.T. cam on any limb that is reinforced at the limb tip. The reason is not nessicarily because of the power of the CAT but because it lacks the lateral stability you have with a yoke system. So to answer wisecane's question he can put 14" limbs on his Warthog but may have to settle for square corners on the limbs and he can use other cams with either limb length but it will need reiforced tips if he is using the CAT cams.