PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a quiver

Unregistered
05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
First post, long time reader.

I am looking through the archives for a 2 piece quiver information and have decided on going with a Martin 2 piece for my '08 Cheetah. I have a question on the foam inserts and how well they will hold up with my Rage 3-blade 100's. Just looking for some feedback. During the season I will essentially have 3 broads and a few field/judo points in the quiver.

One more thing. What ever happened to the 2 piece Super Quiver that was offered in the '03 catalog? I really like that one, but can't find anywhere that carries them.

Thanks in advance for your help...

SC MudDuck
05-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Any information?

hotrod26
05-20-2009, 06:47 AM
I have a Alpine BearClaw quiver on my 07 Cheetah that I put 2 blade rage in. At first with the foam in there they blades would open. I discovered that there was 2 pieces of foam, one that could be removed and one that was much thinner. The second one was just thick enough to hold the tip of the Rage securely and not open the blades. Hope this helps!

SC MudDuck
07-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Is the foam in the Martin 8 arrow 2 piece quivers that styrofoam looking stuff from days of yore or is the new close cell foam like in the soft-loc's? Please help; hunting season is almost here... I have already bought a quiver assuming that it would fit a Martin which it did not. I am looking for reassurance befor purchasing... Called Tech Support at Martin, but I don't think they understood what I was asking... Please help.

colton valer
07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
rage broadheads rule:D

SC MudDuck
07-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Could someone please comment on the foam that is in the Martin 2 piece quivers... Some of you have got to have them. Plase advise. Thanks

davydtune
07-23-2009, 10:56 AM
The new two piece quivers with the double grippers do not have foam in them. The hood is just lined with a rubber, think it's the same stuff they make the Omega VEMs out of. As far as the ones with a single gripper I'm not sure. Since your using mechanicals I'd suggest you go with the newer style. The two grippers work much better for mechanical heads than a single gripper and foam lined quiver.

Page 40, The "fast four" quiver is killer.
http://issuu.com/martinarchery/docs/09martinarcherycatalog2b?mode=embed&layout=http%3A%2F%2Fskin.issuu.com%2Fv%2Flight%2Fl ayout.xml