PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Draw weight ?

chola
05-20-2009, 09:32 AM
I was adjusting my draw weight this morning and noticed a slight difference in height from the front of the limbs to the riser.I had a new string put on last week,and the bow tech fella adjusted er all up for me, and set it at 55 pounds.
I turned it up to 61 this morning (2 turns).I measured the top limb from just in front of the weight set screw to the riser (looking at the bow head on). there was a .034 difference between the upper limb and the lower limb. What made me check this was the fact that I could see more threads on the lower limb bolt between the limb and the riser.

Should they be prefectly even or am I being too picky...I don't know too much about these bows yet,but am learning

Again,thanks very much for any help:D

flytier17
05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
When the tech guy set it up for you, maybe he set the tiller measurements for you. If your bow is a solocam, this would quite likely result in different results between limbs. Measure from the tip of the limb to where the limb touches the riser/limb pocket. Compare the measurements for both. if they are equal, you are OK. If they differ, you can adjust one bolt at a time to equal them out. If the bow is a dual cam, you can measure from the string to the riser/limb pocket with a bow square.

Later on, if you get into more complicated tuning, you may personally desire a different tiller setting. it doesn't have to be equal. But equal is a good starting point.

Alec

chola
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the lack of info...I am shooting a Martin firecat with the CAT cams...I forgot to mention that previously..I have them set so they are even now

eldermike
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
My firecat sets up with some difference in the limbs (but it also shot ok with the bolts tight even though the tiller was not perfect). After paper tuning my tiller is slightly off, shorter on top but it makes perfect holes in the paper and thats where it wants to be. It's worth all the trouble to tune your bow, the firecat is an amazing shooter. Don't be afraid to turn the bolts or google some on tuning your bow. There is a ton of information on the web about tuning.

chola
05-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Excellent...thanks very much eldermike...the bow does shoot amazing and is super quiet,I'll leave it as is and try it,if it's OK...I'll leave it alone,but I do know where it was before I adjusted it