PDA

View Full Version : 3d

xtracker
03-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Why do you not see more Martins at 3d shoots than you do? I shoot a few ASA's a year and most of the time can count the number of Martins that I see on one hand.

selil
03-26-2006, 03:15 AM
Because only the really SMART people shoot Martin..

Was that my outside voice?

Robert58
03-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Because most 3-D shooters are hunters, and with Mathews's advertizing that's all you are going to see. Plus the other bow companies droped a lot of the lesser known shooters and they were picked up by Mathews. So it seems as thought everybody is shooting Mathews.

Robert
Cougar Shooter

Jack NZ
04-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Don't know about anywhere else,but in NZ most of the really good shooters get Hoyt bows almost given to them by the main hoyt dealer here.
It doesn't bother the shooters what they shoot, so if some dealer offers them an almost free bow,most of them will take it.
They don't shoot any better than they would with any other brand,but the dealer gets to say "hoyt wins more"
I have a friend that shoots a Hoyt at 3D to keep the dealer that gave it to him happy,but he still shoots his Martin recurve in the bush.
Go figure huh !!

k-scroghan
04-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Don't know about anywhere else,but in NZ most of the really good shooters get Hoyt bows almost given to them by the main hoyt dealer here.
It doesn't bother the shooters what they shoot, so if some dealer offers them an almost free bow,most of them will take it.
They don't shoot any better than they would with any other brand,but the dealer gets to say "hoyt wins more"
I have a friend that shoots a Hoyt at 3D to keep the dealer that gave it to him happy,but he still shoots his Martin recurve in the bush.
Go figure huh !!
I would definately agree with that......same way here.

McArcher
04-25-2006, 03:33 AM
Counting Martin bows on one hand at 3D events will soon be changing! ;) You will soon see alot more Martins and Rytera bows on the 3D courses than you use to. I myself will be at the ASA shoots and several more Martin shooters will also. They are great bows and preform well at 3D, Spots and Field. Along with making great hunting bows! With the cam systems available on the Martin/Rytera lines of bows. You basically can have a bow built to do just about anything extremely well!!!

PLASTIC PAUL
05-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Because only the really SMART people shoot Martin..

Was that my outside voice?

and most of them don't like shooting in the rain.....There i go again speaking when I'm thinking.....

cb671
07-23-2006, 04:42 PM
and most of them don't like shooting in the rain.....There i go again speaking when I'm thinking.....

lol Paul ...Today I went Hunting with a Friend and it was raining .... I Put my Bow in the Bed of his truck on top of some firewood and as he was putting his bow inside the rear cab of his truck and he says...*It's Raining are you gonna put your bow inside..I said No need to...*It's a Martin lol

Wes Stigall
02-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I have often raised this question-I have been waiting for 20 yr ? There are a whole lot of shooters in the east that dont have shirts or hats but get the job done with martins at spots an 3d . Lest get the ball rolling .:confused: :confused:

cboutin
02-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I think to many people follow the heard ,they don't know what to buy, don't try different bows, they go in to a pro shop with an opinion from a friend and don't try other brands out . I have been in a buch of shops were someone will come in with a friend and pick bows of for them bashing brands that they have never owned or shot. Then that mentality gets passed on .
I for one started with a Martin and tryed several "other" company's and have always come bacK to Martin. I may not have the most popular bow at our local shoots but I don't seem to have a problem beating the others just about every week

Landmine
05-17-2007, 11:31 PM
I will be shooting a Phantom Magnum over Memorial day weekend in my first 3D shoot. The bow was given to me last year. I've shot it almost everday since. At sportsman's one of the guys is a martin shooter introduced me to the bengal. I haven't shot it yet but I do like the way it fits in my hand. One of the others there is a bowtech shooter and wants me to go with (you guessed it) a tribute. I shot the top 3 bowtechs at their pro shop. Nice bows but not for me. I know of a few guys that will probably be at the shoot with their martins. Great bows with a price that won't be beat.

earthling
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
there were about 5 - 6 martin comps at the shoot this weekend but I didnt see any trads at all

dbd870
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm usually the only one at the 2 courses I shoot.

brokenfinger
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I have owned over 20 bows, have shot 3D for more than 15 years. I have had a lot of bad bows that did not live up to the company's promises. Unfortunatlly, I never shot a Martin as a sponsored shooter, but have owned Martins for personal use the whole time. I have never had a Martin fail on me, and when the money comes out of my own pocket, I will but nothing but a Martin.

dave
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
I have shot Martin for years and have gone through several Pro shops and each one says the same thing. NO SUPPORT ! in fact there no dealer in my city now. I can get my dealer to special order for me, and in the last two years he has gotten me two martins.
I am a Martin fan and will buying a new Martin this summer. I just wish dealers in my area could get the support they need to still sell such a fine product.

csinclair
04-17-2008, 12:33 PM
1.) Price point, it was priced better than the rest, for newer technology.

2.)It came highly recommended by the pro's (the Bow-Shop in Waterloo ON).

I'm glad I took their advice and I saved money,(for arrows), to boot.
I love my Martin, I'm now looking at Martin's line of hunting recurves.. I'll buy another Martin for sure, as well as recommending them to friends who are beginning in archery / bow hunting.

tackle
05-31-2008, 12:16 PM
My son and I were picked up to shoot for Martin's Shooting Staff, we ended up getting our bow right from Martin because of no dealers here in Plattsburgh N.Y. We need some local shops in the north east to pick up the brand and get them in the hands of shooters. Then you will start seeing more at local shoots. We have 3 people shooting Martins at 1 of my local clubs. When we go to worlds this year I am interested to see how many are there. JMO.

OHIOMARTINSHOOTER
02-24-2009, 03:15 AM
Well i love my martin bow but if martin wants me to advertise for them more than i do by shooting a martin they would give me a shirt or hat rather then me paying the price shops want for them. My opinion . There isnt alot of martin shooters where i shoot in south central ohio everyone shoots hoyt mathews etc. Not really to many shops around here that carry martin bows either.

csinclair
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a sabre and a fox. really love them both, although different.

A Rrow Head
03-15-2009, 05:15 AM
I just bought a new Martin Jaguar to hunt with. What a bow!!

I am not an avid bow hunter but have always enjoyed shooting bows. Here in Michigan we have a great bow season that I beleive affects the gun season, adversely. So, I must bow hunt even though I enjoy gun hunting, I will probably become a BOW CONVERT.

My Fred Bear Kodiak Special has served me well for thirty years. I have maintained it well and updated it. I am keeping it - not much value left to sell - compared to the attachment I feel. But it was never much of a hunting bow.

Of course I looked at Bear but did not see the value for the dollor that was offered when Fred was alive. Today Bear is about marketing - which is another way to say "show." Bear makes a good bow - just as Martin does but when I look at how Bear will perform outdoors I beleive Martin is the better choice.

madlaz
05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
looking for set of 40 to 50lb limbs to fit a 2008 firecat e mail me madlaz@comcast.net thanks Laz

davydtune
08-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I only see a few here and there on the 3d courses but go to an indoor shoot and you'll see a ton of them.:)