PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a Bow!!

rongcp
05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone, I bought a 09' Firecat a couple of weeks ago and since I've been trying to break it in and get accustomed to it. Honestly, at first I thought I wasn't going to like it. I thought I liked my Cheetah better and was more accurate with it. But then from advise from Bfisher I went to Archery Talk and searched Cat Cam Timing. I found a very interesting article and after reading I began timing the cams and the dl and draw stop, and all I can say now is WOW!!! I can't believe how adjustable these cams are. I'm shooting 70# at 65%let-off and it is as smooth as my M-Pro Cheetah. My groups out to forty yards are scary. I don't even like to shoot groups anymore because of fletching damage. I've got new strings on the way (Bucknasty's) and I'm alittle worried about putting them on because I don't want to change anything. The only complaint I have with the bow is the quality of the serving on the strings & cables. They seem to come loose. Over all the bow is great and I am very glad I chose to stay with Martin and I will continue to shoot Martin for as long as they continue to manufacture bows of this quality. Thank You Martin!

bfisher
05-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Glad you found the thred about timing the cams. Sorry I couldn't post the link before as I get so involved in this stuff I forget a lot of stuff. Now that I've given you the information maybe it's about time I did that to my own bow.

flytier17
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Congratulations! glad you like it.

I shoot seperate spots at all times now. Its not worth the $$$ for new arrows to shoot new groups. I found that out the hard way.

Alec

Spiker
05-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Could you post the link again? A lot of us 09 FC owners would be interested in info on cam timing tips.

hotrod26
05-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Go to Archerytalk and in the General discussion section put this in the search: Martin Cat Cam-Optimum Settings-Advice-Questions this is the best info I have found on Cat Cam timing.

Spiker
05-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks HotRod - Lots of info there !