PDA

View Full Version : Best Drop Away

madlaz
05-23-2009, 05:27 AM
wich of these drop away rests would be best for 2008 firecat,Cobra Diamondback,Throphy Ridge guide drop zone or Nap Ultra hd just bought the bow and I have these rests first martin for me your advice will be appreciated Laz

SandSquid
05-23-2009, 07:44 AM
wich of these drop away rests would be best for 2008 firecat,Cobra Diamondback,Throphy Ridge guide drop zone or Nap Ultra hd just bought the bow and I have these rests first martin for me your advice will be appreciated Laz

Tried them all, in all cases I went back to a RipCord

Elk4me
05-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Tried them all, in all cases I went back to a RipCordI have to agree, I have tried aloooooooooooottttttt of dropaways in the past too many to name and always went back to the Ripcord also:D!

Big Ben 75
05-23-2009, 07:12 PM
RIPCORD all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitetailfreak86
05-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Out of the ones you listed Drop Zone. I personally like the Limbsaver drop away its what I shoot on my 09 firecat and love it, super fast and super quiet.

brushrat
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Dont know about the NAP ultra, but i have the NAP smart rest. It has a cushioned launch arm for arrow ocillations, micro adjust up/down, micro adjust centershot, and a calibrated adjustment knob that allows you to adjust drop speed with just the turn of a knob. It is made of alum. and brass and is priced similar to the others you mentioned. It works very well.:)

ranger53
05-24-2009, 01:12 AM
I have been thinking about getting one to put on my showdown. It sports an adjustable pro hunter micro sight, with a QAD 1000. I thought of getting a QAD ultra rest hunter for it. In any event, Got to get some money together to get it, and then get accustom to shooting a drop away rest!:eek:
Tommy

madlaz
06-06-2009, 11:19 AM
a meant quad ultra hd had ro use 3 spacers for center shot then had problems with fletch cleatence just could not get it to work

Martin4life
06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
i have the G5 Ultra2 drop away on my 09 Bengal, its the best one i've ever shot. Super fast and virtually silent! Micro adjustments are the simplest ever.

davydtune
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Drop Zone. I have one on three different bows and love it.:D

rongcp
06-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I have a QAD PRO HD and I am very happy with it. Its far quieter than my whisker biscuit was and I do not have any problems with fletches touching.

Rockyhud
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
If you haven't seen this rest and how it works you owe it to yourself to check it out. Unlike most other rests that tie into your cable or guard rod slide the Limb Driver ties into the upper limb. It supports the arrow during the shot longer than most, up to 70% of the arrow length, then drops down very quickly and quietly as the upper limb moves back to the static position. The rest is spring loaded into the up position and its tension is adjustable so you can get it to come up just right without bouncing the arrow off the rest like some others can. This also allows the rest to be pushed down somewhat as the arrow is released which acts as a cushion which can help the arrow stabilize quicker as it leaves the bow. And there is no issue with fletching or vane clearance. I shoot CX Maxima 350s with Blazer vanes and have never had any interference problems. I even tried shooting FOBs a while back and no issues there either. To help keep it totally quiet I applied some camo moleskin material on the forks and its as quiet as a church mouse through the entire cycle.

bubbacrabb
06-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I like the vapor trail drop away myself, my local bow shop recomended it and it is working sweet on my new Moab, i hear the rip cord is pretty awesome too.

hunt123
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Guess you don't have a Limb Driver but they're freakin' awesome! With their new capture blade the Limb Driver might be something to look at if you're wanting a different one. It reduced my group sizes and sped up the arrow enough at 50 & 60 yds that I had to change the pins from my old rest settings.