PDA

View Full Version : 09 Cheetah help

skoty69
05-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Ok guys and gals, i received my bow on thursday. its hunter black and looks awesome. took a little while to get through my local shop so ive been shooting my friends bows. one is a 99 or some where around there Mathews Q2, and a brand new PSE bow madness. the mathews has limbjacks on it and those string things that look like cut up rubber bands The PSE has the string damper rod. both those bows are very quiet and shoot very smooth. i thought that my brand new CHeetah would at least be comparable to the old Mathews bow. i got it all together and went to shoot and found out that my bow is really loud compared to the other 2. so my question is:

Are the string suppressors and limb jacks the reason why those bows are so quiet? or is it because those bows are of a much higher price range and you get what you pay for??

Also my local shop had to do a fair bit of tweaking to the stirings to get the limbs to sit straight. the cable guard strings were pulling the limps over so badly that the string off the cam looked like it was going to come off. he had to twist one side and untwist the other, wasnt paying too much attention. Is that a normal thing?

over all im happy with it i won a Slurpee on the first shoot after sighting it in. cant argue that its accurate after sighting it in. Friendly shop competition!!

looking to get limbjacks and a sts along with some string suppressors anyway but just hoping it'll take away most of the noise.

oktx
05-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Put catwhiskers on the string , they will help more than Bowjacks. Limbsavers or Bowjacks on the limbs.

skoty69
05-24-2009, 05:11 AM
thanks i'll look them up online. since i am not hunting right now, it doesnt really matter. but i would like it to be quieter than it is.