PDA

View Full Version : proof of warranty question

Hermannator
05-30-2009, 05:48 AM
I picked up my new limbs at my proshop yesterday. All the dealer gave me was the reciept for the price. I asked him if there was a warranty sheet or a paper to go with the limbs. He said " I know what your getting at, all you have to do is bring the reciept back. I'll remember you so there won't be a problem."
My question is, if my limbs do crack (heaven forbid) and he is at that time out of business or dies or whatever, how can I prove my limbs are under warranty?
There Must be another way to prove it other than the memory of a dealer!

Elk4me
05-30-2009, 08:35 AM
All you need is your purchase reciept. Martin warrantys are 10 yrs bumper to bumper on all bows (Except Strings and Cables) . As for Martin going out of business that will not happen they are one of the longest running companys in the Archery Business.

Hermannator
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I don't mean if Martin goes out of business, I meant if the proshop I bought the limbs through went out of business. Or, if he sells the shop to someone else. If all I have is a reciept with the sales price from the shop but doesn't say what the item is, how can I prove to Martin it was for the limbs?

Elk4me
05-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Just on the honor system and Martin knows their parts and when they were produced.