PDA

View Full Version : Cable Guard

madlaz
06-04-2009, 06:21 AM
My son gave me a 2008 fire cat ,I was replacing the the strings and the cable guard fell out no lock screw or hole for one .Should i glue it in or just put it back in like it was what kind of glue should i use .

alex
06-04-2009, 08:22 AM
If there isn't a hole for a lock screw, you should glue the rod.What type of glue- i can't give you an advice-i use Bizon superglue, but just because i can't find here "archery" glues :rolleyes:

Montalaar
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Can you please post a picture?

As far as i know there should be at least one screw to tighten the cable guard rod into the riser.

madlaz
06-04-2009, 03:20 PM
dont know how to send picture but i assure you no hole of any kind for set screw .If i use super glue and it breaks would be in heap of trouble it is made of graphite.

Celestemmcknight
06-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Was checking out some cable shifters, AA makes a nice one, but buying from US, checked out Northwest Fab and theres is identical for a good price, anyone use one from NW and what do you think of it?

oktx
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
My Moab was the same way. My dealer glued it in with rubber cement.

Rockyhud
06-25-2009, 09:03 PM
I recently discovered my 2008 Firecat Pro-X guard rod was not secured in the riser either. There was no set screw and just a very small little dab of hardened glue on the very end of the rod that apparently hadn't come in contact with anything in the hole. There was no sign of glue contact anywhere inside - not on the end of the blind hole nor along the walls of the hole. Instead of sending this in for whatever Martin would do I found an area on the inside face of the sight window area that had plenty of metal and carefully drilled and tapped an 8-32 hole for a set screw. It locks down the rod very nicely and it looks like it was done by the factory.

alex
06-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Good job, Rocky! Instead of waiting a couple of weeks and complain, you've used your hands and have a bow to shoot. :)

bfisher
06-27-2009, 11:32 AM
That's exactly what I would have done Rocky. Good thinking.

Rockyhud
06-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the reassuring comments guys. Having an engineering background, along with a dose of a little common sense, the fix I applied made the most sense to me. I don't know that Martin would have done exactly the same thing in the same place but due to the amount of metal there I figured that was the best location for my solution.

Spiker
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah - fix yer bow, fix yer car, fix yer life - - - aint nothin perfect but you can fix damn near anything if ya got the want. !