PDA

View Full Version : 09 FireCat question

Spiker
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I just received my new FireCat. Ordered a 60# 30" however when I put it on the scale it's DW is 74#. The limbs are 13" 4M's and the DL modules only have 7 positions. Is this a 60# 30" bow or a 70# 29" bow ???

bfisher
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
I just received my new FireCat. Ordered a 60# 30" however when I put it on the scale it's DW is 74#. The limbs are 13" 4M's and the DL modules only have 7 positions. Is this a 60# 30" bow or a 70# 29" bow ???

OK, I se where you mentioned on another thread that you were not recieving any comments. I see what I can do to explain what I know.

For starters your module has seven settings. This means the draw length range should be 26" to 29". So it would seem that your bow came with the wrong module. The long one is for 29 to 30" and should, by using common sense, only have about three settings.

Now for the poundage of the limbs. This will be a little guess work as the limb deflection numbers are not on the tech page.

I have a 2008 FireCat that is supposed to be 35-50 lbs. It does reach 50# and has 1M limbs on it. Doing the math Martin limbs jump up 5# for each increase in deflection number. In that case, if you want to have 60# your bow should be wearing 3M or possibly 3H limbs. For your bow to reach 74# it would have to have something like 5H or 6M limbs.

I could say more things that would be pure guesses, but let's start with this and go from there. So just what number/letter is on your limbs? It's located on the side of the butt end of the limb.

hotrod26
06-14-2009, 07:30 AM
OK, I se where you mentioned on another thread that you were not recieving any comments. I see what I can do to explain what I know.

For starters your module has seven settings. This means the draw length range should be 26" to 29". So it would seem that your bow came with the wrong module. The long one is for 29 to 30" and should, by using common sense, only have about three settings.

Now for the poundage of the limbs. This will be a little guess work as the limb deflection numbers are not on the tech page.

I have a 2008 FireCat that is supposed to be 35-50 lbs. It does reach 50# and has 1M limbs on it. Doing the math Martin limbs jump up 5# for each increase in deflection number. In that case, if you want to have 60# your bow should be wearing 3M or possibly 3H limbs. For your bow to reach 74# it would have to have something like 5H or 6M limbs.

I could say more things that would be pure guesses, but let's start with this and go from there. So just what number/letter is on your limbs? It's located on the side of the butt end of the limb.

I just bought a 08 firecat from an AT member that came still in the sealed box with the bow in the sealed plastic from the factory. This bow is marked on the box and on the bow as 45-60 LB and it has 2H limbs. I have not actually put it on a bow scale to see what the draw weight is. Also in reference to the DL I believe that the difference in the starndard and long mods is only the addition of 2 more holes, making a total of 9. The standard is 26-29" and the long with 2 additional holes goes to 30".

Spiker
06-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Joel at Martin confirmed that it was set up as a 70# 29" bow. I shipped it back and they are re-configuring it. Should have it back by the end of this week.

bfisher
06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Joel at Martin confirmed that it was set up as a 70# 29" bow. I shipped it back and they are re-configuring it. Should have it back by the end of this week.

WELLLLL, now that we have that one figured out...............