PDA

View Full Version : I'll be away for a bit

flytier17
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Just letting you know I'll be gone for the next week and a bit. I'm on a canoe trip, and will be back next Saturday.

Alec

bfisher
06-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I have to say you'll be missed here and other places, but you have a good time, Nice to know that, like me, you aren't stuck with just one expensive hobby.

flytier17
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, I'm back.

Barry; I agree it is nice to diversify with hobbies, but it can be hard on a university budget as i am finding. I tie flies and fly fish. Those are my biggest hobbies. I've been doing both for over 10 years, and they are my passion. Especially the fly tying. Then archery. After that, pretty much all else outdoors-like. Canoeing, backpacking, hunting, etc...

Every year for the past 6 I've gon on an extensive canoe trip to Algonquin. Every time I enjoy it more. Lovely trip to take. Whether its a push hard or a relaxed fishing trip, I thoroughly enjoy it.

I didn't take a camera this time as mine is a battery-sucking clunker, but I used one of my friends, so as soon as we get together again, I will have pics to post.

Alec

bfisher
06-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Glad to see you made it back in one piece. Sounds like you had a good time. That's what living is about.

Now it's my turn---again. Leaving monday for the seashore at Ocean City, Maryland. Taking the wife, my son and daughter-in-law and their 20 month old daughter (the apple of my eye). Be gone till Friday.

Yeah, I know, I just got back from the Philippines a few weeks ago. Got news for you. I have a trip the end of July and another for two weeks the end of September. Plane tickets are killing my budget.

flytier17
06-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Hah, I have you beat there. My Dad is an airline pilot. I can travel very inexpensively!

Have a good trip. Its nice to have a family vacation too.

Alec