PDA

View Full Version : Martin phantom review

Unregistered
06-15-2009, 07:30 AM
I have an 01 or02 (can't remember) Martin Phantom Magnum (short limbs) bow.Anyone out there familiar with the phantom? What do ya'll think of this rig.It is primarily for hunting.It is the only bow I have ever owned so I don't have anything to compare it to.Do I stand to gain alot by upgrading or should I keep what I have? I have been happy with it,I just don't have anything to compare it to.What do ya'll think?

jhunt414
06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
I shoot my Phantom with the elite limbs and nitrous cams for outdoor target shooting. There is no better set up on the entire planet for this shooting. I won the outdoor world target championships with this bow in october. It is a most impressive and simple design. A set up with the shorter limbs would be great for hunting and would bring the brace height down and ata down more. If I ever find a better bow for outdoor target this will be my hunting bow. The more traditional limb angle just plain shoots better than new parralel limbs. And the straight risor gets rid of all the wobble in reflexed risors. You won't find a better more forgiving set up.