PDA

View Full Version : CAT Cam Tuning

Jake-the-snake
06-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Anyone have any tips out there to get the most speed out of your bow, specifically with the C.A.T. cams, was wondering what else i could do to get more speed...any help is appreciated ;)

hotrod26
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Go to the following thread on Archerytalk: www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601

Jake-the-snake
06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
thanks for the site, learned a lot of stuff, but what exactly does it mean by wrapping the cams with the cables??

hotrod26
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
They are talking about getting the cables as close to the post on the cam as you can. If you look at the pictures you will see that the cable runs right next the post where it is connected to the cam. Some on that thread say the cables should be 1/8" from the post. There is alot of info on that thread and to better get an understanding as to what the folks are trying to say you need to go and ask questions on Archerytalk. Everyone on AT is very helpful and I am learning the Cat Cam system myself.

bfisher
06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
thanks for the site, learned a lot of stuff, but what exactly does it mean by wrapping the cams with the cables??

hotrod gave the the right info. By wrapping the cams some are referring to ywisting the cables and/or untwisting the string so the cam has more rotation. Although this works I must advise you that by doing this you also will be increasing the draw length of the bow slightly. If you are in between module settings you can twist the cables and give the cam a little more rotation and then set the module to the next shorter setting. However, in doing so what you gain from optimizing the cam roll-over is given back by decreasing the draw length. It all depends on each person's needs. and to really find out what does what you should have a lot of patience and a chronograph.