PDA

View Full Version : Serengeti Quality Issues

easyup
06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Last month I bought a new in box Serengeti and within the first 100 shots both the top and bottom inside riser to limb transition area glass began to seriously cloud up a milky white, and continue to get worse. The vendor looked at it and said they will get Martin to repair the finish but I am worried about other issues. This is my first recurve in 40 years but I have three longbows which in total add up to the list price of the Serengeti, but all paper tuned and shoot very well. This bow is giving me fits with inconsistent tuning and poor groups. Is it possible that a mechanical problem is causing my shooting problems and the clouding? Limbs look straight with the string groove being slightly off center on the bottom limb the only issue I can find with the bow. Thanks for your consideration.

easyup
07-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, I am amazed at the outstanding response from Martin and embarrassed when a friend suggested I check the spine on the arrows I was using. Needless to say the spine was not what was printed on the box and I would never be able to get those heavy arrows right. Live and learn is all I can say.