PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I only getting 25 inch Draw

dougkellermann
06-18-2009, 07:20 AM
I have a 07 Slayer X with Nitrous X cams and B Mod.

Why am I only getting 25 inch draw?

bfisher
06-18-2009, 08:54 AM
OK, your mods appear to maxed out. However, your cams are under-rotated. Look in the third picture down and see what appears to be a drawstop. #1 you don't need it and, #2 it's on the wrong side of the limb. As installed it might be stopping the cams from rolling back to a complete static position.

Take it off and see if the cams roll back any more. If not then you need to twist the cables and/or untwist the string. I'm just guessing, but it looks like you might be able to get another inch out of those modules/cams as is.

What do you need to get it to?

scepterman30x
06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
It is because you have A cams and not B cams. Trust me all you will get out of it is 26" draw at the most. You have a regular mod, the B on it means bottom and the T on the other one means top. Your cams are slightly under rotated but only enough to icrease the draw about 3/8" every thing being the same mod wise.

dougkellermann
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks

Joel Just confirmed the A Cam

Can I use the existing Mod if I only get a B Cam?

bfisher
06-18-2009, 09:31 AM
It is because you have A cams and not B cams. Trust me all you will get out of it is 26" draw at the most.

I noticed that. It's why I asked what draw length he neded to get it to. Can't be too certain, but that thing I referred to as a draw stop may be a module screw, as it's in the place where one should be, but it doesn't look like the other ones.

bfisher
06-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks

Joel Just confirmed the A Cam

Can I use the existing Mod if I only get a B Cam?

You can use the existing mods as they fit all the Nitrous cams, but you might be better off to use mini-mods with the B cams depending on what draw length you need.

Problem you're going to have is getting cams. Martin doesn't make them any more. Best to try to find some in the classifieds on Archery Talk.

You still didn't say what draw length you need.

dougkellermann
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
I need 27 inch draw.

Thanks