PDA

View Full Version : Quieting new Moab Bow

ltroyer
06-18-2009, 11:05 AM
I recently purchased a new Martin Moab compound bow and I really love shooting it, but I get a serious "thunk" when I shoot. It seems to come from the string stopper. Any suggestions as to how to correct this will be welcome.

alex
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
:D Take off the STS....But there will be different kind of noise then.I'm not good in silencing bows, because i use them for target shooting only, but i'm sure the other guys here will help you.

Jake-the-snake
06-18-2009, 12:32 PM
A few things that would help to silence a bow would be #1-a good stabilizer or a stabilizer made for quieting a shot, like a sims limbsaver stabilizer. #2Limbsavers-Sims makes great limbsavers although my bow came with BowJax. #3 String silencers made from Sims Limbsaver, or BowJax straight from Martin's online store. The STS should help stop noise, although you may have to play around with it's distance from the string, some like it touching the string others prefer it up to an 1/8 inch away although i would not go any farther than that. If you are looking to silencing your bow you have to keep in mind that whatever you may add to your bow will affect the speed, and weight of the bow. For the best silencing products I would check out what Martin has on their online store or look for Sims Limbsaver products, but thats just my opinion and im sure there are other guys that have their own personal choices. Keep in touch if you are able to silence your bow and what you used to do that, hope you enjoy your bow:D

mr_magnum
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
make sure the sts isnt right up against the string, about 1/8 off should do. i have monster jax on the limbs of my moab and im happy with it. i notice to that its ALOT quieter at 55 or even 65 then it is at 70.