PDA

View Full Version : help - old Lynx Magnum S1000 - adjusting draw weight

ptferris
06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Very new to compounds and looking at old bow for son. Seller says bow is adjustable from 50-70 lbs and set at 70lbs.; need to reduce to 50lbs. Can I back out limb bolts they can be backed out no further (or do I first need to tighten completely to get to max, then back out equally)?

A friend says for the asking price of $250 for bow, quiver, glove, pad, peep sight, crosshhair or dot sights, tool box, hard case, newer cams and string, dozen arrows, feather flecthing, muzzy type broadheads and field tips, I can't go wrong to get a kid started. But if he can't pull it . . .

I realize more info about bow is needed, but the label is worn and illegible and limbs have no telling marks. Bow has wheels.

Thanks.

alex
06-20-2009, 05:06 AM
If it is a 70# bow it can be backed only to 55#.How old is your son? 55# is too much for a kid. I'm not very strong and can pull about 60 and with efforts may be about 65, but am shooting my MOAB at about 51# because i like the easy draw and don't want to hurt my shoulders or arms.If your boy is less then 12-13 i think you must not take a bow more then 40-45#.

slinger
06-20-2009, 11:53 AM
The draw range for a lynx should be 55-70 so I dont think you could get it down to 50 pounds. 250 dollars even with all the accessories sounds like a lot for a bow of that age. I would check on Archerytalk.com and check the classified section you should be able to get a better deal than that, just my opinion but its worth a look.

ptferris
06-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks much, guys. That was my thinking, but too new to know for sure.