PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back the nitrous cam! Please!

jhunt414
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
As a target shooter the nitrous cam was the best cam ever developed for these reasons. The string travels down the center. Both cams are the same shape. I can adjust my cam lean. Available with or without the x system. It is fast. It has a rock solid wall with a non radiused wall and a short valley perfect for perfect back tension. The nitrous cam should continue to be offered along with the fury cam which is quite the polar oposite of the nitrous cam. Everyone who wants a slow off center mushy cam can get the fury, while people like me can get my nitrous cam. I don't mean change the CAT around to work with the elite limbed bows, I mean bring back the greatest cam ever created in the history of archery. It will help your sales too. The nitrous cam is even better than the CAT cam for paralel limb bows and, all holding weight equal, faster too. The cat has to have a one inch shorter brace height to get the same speeds plus the thing is like the leaning tower of piza and there is nothing you can do. The only thing going for it is the adjustable draw stop, which I like for hunting. It is also the only way that martin got its speeds with it, (32 inch mod @ 30 inch wall) egh no let off egh. At least the valley is short and solid, unlike the fury cam with its radiused wall and one inch long section of holding weight so you never know where your at in the valley. So until the nitrous cam comes back or a better cam is created my target bows will always wear nitrous cams. My scores and reputation won't ride on anything less. I mean they only helped me win a FITA world championship. I love my Phantom II and Shadowcat.

bfisher
06-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Putting it short and sweet, YOu're not alone in your thinking.

alex
06-27-2009, 04:42 AM
I'm not familiar with the nitrous cam, but everybody here says it's the best.So my idea is instead of writing in different threads, why don't we start a petition here? If many of us subscribe, may be Martin will decide to bring the nitrous back. Barry, you are a Martin Staff Shooter and moderator, i think that you and Elk4me must start it. :cool:

davydtune
06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Bring it back, please!:D

Desmond
06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
NOS rule!! :D

SandSquid
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
In the past year I've managed to score 4 sets of Nitrous A cams and X-Modules, and they are NOT FOR SALE!!!:D:D:D

Jake-the-snake
07-03-2009, 01:12 PM
If these nitrous cams were so great, and popular, why did Martin Stop making them?? i have only shot one bow a few times with these cams and can honestly say it has the best feel out of any other bow out there, quiet, shock free, and blazing fast...

Dirt Dart
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Nitrous Cam. My Cougar Magnum breaks 290fps with my hunting arrows with broadheads attached. It's so accurate that I make the "Mathews Boys" in my neck of the woods cry over the weight-loss in their pockets. I was foolish enough to buy a Mathews LX and a Switchback before I went back to my old Martin Cougar Magnum. I'm glad there's enough Outdoor Network zombies out there to unload those Mathews' on.

I'm gonna buy another Martin this year I just can't make up my mind. Stuck between Warthog and Firecat. Wouldn't be an issue if one had Nitrous Cams. It's sad not to see the Cougar Magnum in a Martin Line-up.

Elk4me
07-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Not a huge fan of the Nitrious cams , but wanted to bump this thread to get the spam off the front page!:rolleyes:

SandSquid
07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Not a huge fan of the Nitrious cams

Sorry, I cannot be your friend anymore after making a blasphemous statement like that!

jhunt414
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
That petition to bring back the NOS is a good idea. I wish I knew what Martin was thinking by getting rid of it.
Here is a start

mr_magnum
07-16-2009, 09:06 PM
i totally want the nitro brought back, no i dont think its the best cam ever but its in the top 3

scepterman30x
07-17-2009, 01:13 PM
i totally want the nirto brought back, no i dont think its the best cam ever but its in the top 3

What do you think are the other two...curious?

scepterman30x
07-17-2009, 01:15 PM
In the past year I've managed to score 4 sets of Nitrous A cams and X-Modules, and they are NOT FOR SALE!!!:D:D:D

Thats all...just 4 sets?

SandSquid
07-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Thats all...just 4 sets?

Yeah, I'm saving my coin for a "C" cam for a Tigress/Elite/Nitrous-X I built that cannot get past 26.5" of draw lenght..... I need 28" other than being kinds short, it's a sweet shooting bow.

mr_magnum
07-18-2009, 08:00 PM
What do you think are the other two...curious?

id say the darton cps cam is numero uno for its massive sales and broad use across the board, in a close second the martin dyna bow for being the first single cam and third the martin nitrous for its speed and adaptability

dlriggins
08-13-2009, 09:19 PM
never used em but have heard nothing but good things I will gladly put my name on the list after all variety is the spice of life etc.etc. I personally love the CAT cams but I feel the need for speed and accept the downfalls of minor accuracy details

TopGunnr
08-18-2009, 05:42 AM
I'm hoarding Nitrous cams at the moment.;) I have 2 extra sets of B cams, one is X system, other is cable slide. I love them, I shot the cat's as well as all the old cams. I think the cams are comming full circle, we're seeing more and more dual cam systems poping up. Bring Back The Nitrous!! Speaking of which that's exactly why I came over here I need string specs.....

Desmond
08-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Now that mr magnum mentioned Darton,... A couple weeks ago I was at my town's pro shop and he's a dealer for Darton bows too. I noticed how similar them cams on the single cam bows look like rough cuts of the DYNA cams. Almost an exact copy, the difference is that the Darton ones have metal like modules?

And yes,.... MARTIN should bring the Nitrous back!!

RogerSr
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I also would like them to bring back the nitrous cams, I have owned a lot of them, and think there one of the best, if not the best cams that were ever made, I'm thinking of going with a set of them on a project bow i have in the works right now, i just don't know if i want B or C cams,

masterofthese
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
I agree the Nitrous cams are good, but everyone has a different bow/cam combination that they prefer. I am actually more accurate with an old Fred Bear compound than with any of these new paralell limb bows. However, its slow, loud, and has about 20% letoff. I shoot carbon arrows from it, and get 250 fps with muzzy MX3 100 grains. Archery is a tradeoff. If you like the Nitrous cams, get the new Martin scepter - it is most accurate bow I have ever seen, and since its so long (like my old Fred Bear) and has the shoot thru cables, it is easy to see why. Again, archery is a tradeoff. You want more speed, you sacrifice accuracy. You want more accuracy, you sacrifice speed. It sucks, but thats how it is. You want broadheads to fly like field points, but mechanicals lose energy on impact. Fixed blades are a pain to tune, unless you use a heavy arrow. You can see where I am going with this..... I think all of you are right.... but its easy to get caught up in an argument over what works perfectly for you. I respect your opinions...

Just for you guys - PLEASE MAKE THE NITROUS CAMS AVAILABLE, and give these guys what they need to compete!

I can't wait to get the new Firecat! I hope it is a good balance of speed and accuracy! :D

Jake-the-snake
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I agree the Nitrous cams are good, but everyone has a different bow/cam combination that they prefer. I am actually more accurate with an old Fred Bear compound than with any of these new paralell limb bows. However, its slow, loud, and has about 20% letoff. I shoot carbon arrows from it, and get 250 fps with muzzy MX3 100 grains. Archery is a tradeoff. If you like the Nitrous cams, get the new Martin scepter - it is most accurate bow I have ever seen, and since its so long (like my old Fred Bear) and has the shoot thru cables, it is easy to see why. Again, archery is a tradeoff. You want more speed, you sacrifice accuracy. You want more accuracy, you sacrifice speed. It sucks, but thats how it is. You want broadheads to fly like field points, but mechanicals lose energy on impact. Fixed blades are a pain to tune, unless you use a heavy arrow. You can see where I am going with this..... I think all of you are right.... but its easy to get caught up in an argument over what works perfectly for you. I respect your opinions...

Just for you guys - PLEASE MAKE THE NITROUS CAMS AVAILABLE, and give these guys what they need to compete!

I can't wait to get the new Firecat! I hope it is a good balance of speed and accuracy! :D

lol there is a broadhead...Slick Tricks will do it for you:D, field point accuracy to 60 yards so far for me lol but i know where your going with this, most people are going back to the smoother solocam bows because they are easier to shoot, but they are also willing to sacrifice that speed...good point though

RogerSr
08-24-2009, 07:40 PM
The fact is that all the older bows were dual cam, the solocam has only been popular for tha last few years, now it's going back to the dual cams, very few of the new bows that are hot sellers are solocam