PDA

View Full Version : Martin Rage XRG help

Unregistered
06-27-2009, 04:05 PM
hi guys i need some info on a specific bow, first i don't know the exact year of the bow but i think it's between 1999 and 2001
the bow is a Rage XRG, fury cams, limb are 9M and cams are #4, i think it is 30" draw. I need a 28" draw but i cant seem to find cams for it, can i get some directly from the factory for this bow? Plus i've found that 9m aren't supposed to work with 28" draw on the rage according to your chart in 2001. the bow is a proseries as it's engraved in the riser. I need to know what will happen if i have a 28" draw with 9m limbs, i need bow strings and cables lenght and where i can get the #2(i think) cams to get a 28" draw.

thanks a lot i've searched a lot on the internet but i,ve found incomplete answers and differences between years.

Raphael

bfisher
06-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Have you checked the spec charts on Martin's home page? Here's what I found under 2001.

#4 cams are for 29" draw and 9H limbs should peak at 70#. Changing to a 28" draw would require using #3 cams, but even with #2 or #3 cams the draw weight with the 9H limbs would become 80#, so 9M should peak at about 77-78#.

You may find cams with a call to Martin, but a better option might be in the classifieds on Archery Talk.

As for string and cable lengths I cannot help with. Sorry.

scepterman30x
06-29-2009, 05:56 AM
28" draw=#1 cam
51 1/2" string
39" cable

9m limbs = to much for me to draw.

bfisher
06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
28" draw=#1 cam
51 1/2" string
39" cable

9m limbs = to much for me to draw.

Where;d you get the cam info? I got what I posted from the spec sheets on the home website. You did look under the XRG bow, right? Of course I could be wrong. Wow, if it's truly the #1 cam then the draw weight would have to be up around 90# or so. Yeah, way too much for me to draw.

Just took notice that you are from Lake Wales. Might have to look you up in a month or so. My mom lives up the road a piece from you. Her address is Frostproof, but she lives in SunRay. Know where it's at? Right along Rte. 27. I'll be in touch when I head down that way.

Adding a second question. How in the world do you shoot in all that heat? Gotta be a better man than me.

scepterman30x
06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Where;d you get the cam info? I got what I posted from the spec sheets on the home website. You did look under the XRG bow, right? Of course I could be wrong. Wow, if it's truly the #1 cam then the draw weight would have to be up around 90# or so. Yeah, way too much for me to draw.

Just took notice that you are from Lake Wales. Might have to look you up in a month or so. My mom lives up the road a piece from you. Her address is Frostproof, but she lives in SunRay. Know where it's at? Right along Rte. 27. I'll be in touch when I head down that way.

Adding a second question. How in the world do you shoot in all that heat? Gotta be a better man than me.

Guess what...my mom lives in Frostproof too. Yes I know where Sunray is.

How do I shoot in this heat? It's not as enjoyable but when your a Fl. boy you kinda get used to it. Kinda like shooting in the cold I guess.

But I do have a printed spec sheet that I printed a while back in case they ceased making one available but you can still get it on the Martin sight just go to Tech info and go to the 2001 specs for the Fury and Fury X cams and there it is. For the record the specs for the Fury cams are not accurate. Both cams are the same but one is 1" onger than the other...don't make sense. The specs for the Fury X system is the corect one for both cams.

Make sure you look me up when you get down here...maybe we san shoot some when you get here.