PDA

View Full Version : New round pocket limbs/bottom cam realy close to limb

Unregistered
06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I recently posted a thread about new limbs on a older saber bow, first of all thanks for the information, but I do have one more question. The cam on the bottom limb is realy close to the limb slot& the cam it self is not centered with the rest of the bow.If the new limbs are ok & all I need to do is put some twists on the opposite side of the wheel, dose the cam being on one side of the limb cam slot a problem?

bfisher
06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
I remember answering your original post. To answer this one I'll have to ask; does the cam appear to be actually rubbing the inner part of the limb fork? If it's not then this is nothing to be real concerned about. Almost all single cam bows have the bottom cam offset to the left for a right handed bow.

If you have the know how and appropriate nylon washers you could always replace what's already on the bow to move the cam a little to the right. Just don't get too carried away. 1/16" or so might be all that you want to move it.

In my estimation in an ideal world of archery there would be no cable guards/slides and cams would not be offset in the limb, and the cams and string would all be down the physical center of the bow. If you know anything about Martin bows, I have just described Martin's X System that is available with their Furious cams.

alex
06-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Barry, i hope that "Martin" won't be angry if i ask you what do you think of "Monster bows", talking about the ideal world of archery without cable guards? :)

bfisher
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Alex,

Why would you think Martin would be upset about you asking me about Monster bows? No matter, it's not an issue.

Now to answer what I know about them? Just about nothing. I used to be familiar with the Oneida bows. I didn't care for them because I considered them ugly. And I mean UGLY. Then sometime later I was told that the cable system needed changed about every 2500 shots. That's when I decided there was no way I would go through that. My God man, that was only 6 weeks worth of shooting for me back then. You got to be kidding, right?

Now, I do know that the Monster bows have similar, if not identical technology. It might be the same bows under a different name. I have no idea. These are just not to common around these parts. In fact, I have yet to see a Monster bow first hand and only once in a great while do I see an Oneida.